Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Guest Pandii

I have no real problem with lava street, they are basic, as in you get what you pay for, no frill, they are direct and straight to the point, I have used them in the past with no problems.

For basic, worming, desexing ect they are fine

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can only state the facts here people, i have disagreed with this vet so many times its not funny, my Mum goes there with her dog and she took him in there to get some cream for his eye...i told her he had a bit of mange around it and needed some cream for it...... they sent her home with some cream alright for a infection IN the eye :love: i went down there and asked what the cream was for should it be rubbed around the eye...and they said.... well if he hasnt been around fox's he shouldnt have mange ....WTF :D i ended up buying some flea treatment for him to kill the bugs off..it was for heartworm as well and i said he wasnt on heartworm and they said oh that doesnt matter once again i thought WTF :)

A friend has recently lost her dog , she took her in to have teeth cleaned and they didnt weigh before knocking her out you guessed it they gave her too much and she died :D i always stress to people to get the dog weighed, guesstimating is not good enough....

I raced one of my dogs in there because i found him on the verandah very cold and eyes shut he was in the slow motion stage of movement and had vomited and it had a smell i couldnt put my finger on ( thats the memory loss kicking in :eat: ) they said he had a tummy upset :love: it was when i got home that i worked out what the smell was (roundup ) now i know roundup wont kill in small doses but still......... oh and they charged me $120 to tell me it was a tummy upset...

Many more things i could say but i would be here all day......

Linda..

Guest Pandii

Just been down to the petstock members night, got some great buys, JJ if you still need a pooper scooper, they have solid ones for $14.

Got a great new lead and collar for Seb, and a new jumper, a great puzzle ball for Dante.

What were thier prices like?? was the discount 20% store wide? I was going to go but trying to save up for driza - bone coats for my lot!! and I knew if I went id only spend money i dont have :D

Just been down to the petstock members night, got some great buys, JJ if you still need a pooper scooper, they have solid ones for $14.

Got a great new lead and collar for Seb, and a new jumper, a great puzzle ball for Dante.

Great, thanks - will pop in and grab one in the morning :D

Guest Pandii

Normal price is $20, members is $14

TLC, some things were up to 50% I got Dante a great puzzle toy half price. without checking my docket, I spent $80 and I have new reflective lead, a martingal reflective collare, Dog jumper, large treat/puzzle ball, poopa scooper, and dog biscuits.

Guest Pandii

I had to take Sebs jumper back it was too small

Thanks for the walk today TLC and Maws, I love getting out with friends and the dogs, even if it rains lol

Had to go wash Seb after his stylish nose plant :thumbsup: he smells nicer now

JJ did you get your poopa scooper

I am up for a walk tomorrow some time, let me know if anyone wants to come

I have to work in the morning, so well see what the weathers like after lunch!!

Yes I don't mind walking in the rain either as long as it is not pouring!! Poor Tully Jo has had her bath and is cuddled up on the couch under a blanket :thumbsup: considering she hasn't been for a walk/run for a while I think she has exhausted herself today.

I decided I would go to pet stock this arvo and I was looking at the jackets (which none of the dogs need :laugh:) and there was a lady asking advice about what sort of jacket and size to get her maltese, wellt he sales girl was so rude to her I couldnt believe it, when the lady asked what size did she think she needed the sales girls reply was well I havent seen your dog so I wouldnt know :laugh: you would know better than what I would as it is your dog!! I mean WTF where has customer service gone, I know very well working in retail that some customers can be a pain in the butt but this lady was so nice and just wanting advice and she got the raw end of the stick I tell ya. Anyway they lost a sale cause the lady walked out and so did I, will take a lot for me to back in there, which really erks me as they do have some good stuff, but who needs thier stuff if they are going to treat people like second rate citizens. Funny to cause we were just talking about how rude they can be in there!!

I had to take a dvd back so I took Cooper for a little drive hes a bit happier this arvo. Better go and sort the little bully dude out as he is still outside and it is pouring and cold now.

Hi Tanya, how ya doing, you coming to training this week??

Hey Munchin, where you been have you deserted us??

Guest Pandii

TLC, a new siggy is coming, its in the making, Promise.

I was back in petstock today getting a refund on Sebs jumper and they were nice and chatty then, but they are not my fav people, and personally I would prefer the one in faiy street( cant remember the name) they are so nice and helpful and gret prices

Great prices :thumbsup: really everytime i have been in there to check out something there prices have been so much higher than pet stock, I guess it depends on what you want really. I bought all my guys busy buddy treat toys and they were $15 at petstock and they had ran out so I went to see if they had them and they did at a lovely price of $25

You know what I just realized you were talking about prime petfoods the greyhound shop yes I agree with you. I just was in there today and got all my lots worm pills $10.50 for 65kgs worth of pills to do all of mine and thats with half a tablet left over. It cost me $14 for one of them to be wormed at the vet.

Her jacket prices are very resonable too. Also thier front runner omega 3 & 6 is so much cheapet that the sprint oil 3 & 6.

The place I was talking about at the top of this post is the lava street shop thier prices are ridiculous, I dont even know how they are still in business and they sell a lot of live animals!!

Guest Pandii

No Lava street sucks, primepetfoods in Fairy street near maceys, is the one I was talking about.

Agreed - the staff at Pet Stock ARE rude! I experienced this just this morning!

If I didn't desperately need a new pooper scooper (they had them on special) I'd have walked out too! :rofl:

Love Prime on Fairy St - they have some 'show' stuff you can't get anywhere else. Not a huge range of stuff but some great hard-to-find items.

I get all my bulk kibble there and bought some great beds there last week cheaper than pet stock sell a similar but inferior bed. :laugh:

They are great for meds and supplements etc too.

Lava street pet shop is as good as useless - to match their advice! :laugh:

I have officially boy-cotted Petgoods Direct due to an unfare dismissal of a great staff member there recently (not my brother - he resigned!)

They are bloody rediculous with their prices anyway....

Love to go for a walk but working all day and again Sat, so wont be out til Sunday morning which sux as you guys have training. :rofl:

I love emoticons :thumbsup:

Well seem the general consensus is the same re all the pet shots in town!! Pet goods direct has some great stuff, but I agree their prices are preposterous!! I think I know which one your brother is JJ he looks a bit like you and gave me a big speal one day about evo and was very nice and helpful and gave me some samples to try. What happened with the other staff member?? Can you say or is it top secret?? One of the girls there is a bit off hand and not very friendly!!

Pity you cant come for a walk during the week if there is ever a time when you can yell out and well see if we can have a catch up well the ones that arent working anyway.

tlc - there are the odd mornings I go to work late due to hours in lieu, but not that often.

Yep... would have been my brother pushing the EVO - tried it on me too, but to no avail! :laugh:

Can't say much re: the unfair dismissal, except to say she just recently started there and has been VERY hard done by.

PS - My brother will shortly be opening an Aquarium here in town. Just finalizing some details the next couple of weeks.

He will stock cold water species, tropicals, and marine tropical fish as well as all the gear - tanks, heaters, pumps, filters, lights, food, live food, medicines, water additives, plants, corals, rocks, gravel etc etc.

It will be the only one-stop aquarium this side of Geelong (which is where most local fish enthusiasts have been going!)

There is one in Portland but is not much chop... Poor advice, limited stock, very pricey too.

Edited due to terrible spelling!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by jerojath

Oh the Aquarium sounds awesome, Im not into fish myself but have a friend who is into them in a big way, I will tell he rto keep an eye out!! I know she shops in geelong for a lot of her stuff. What will be the location??

Maybe you could talk him into stocking a bit of dog stuff.

No one in town sells any ezy dog stuff at all which I personally think is very slack :thumbsup: It might be pricey but it is good stuff!! Cant get a good life jacket for my one of my girls unless I get it from Geelong which I may have to do otherwise off the net and it is a bit hard with sizes if you cant try them on!!

Oh the Aquarium sounds awesome, Im not into fish myself but have a friend who is into them in a big way, I will tell he rto keep an eye out!! I know she shops in geelong for a lot of her stuff. What will be the location??

Maybe you could talk him into stocking a bit of dog stuff.

No one in town sells any ezy dog stuff at all which I personally think is very slack :thumbsup: It might be pricey but it is good stuff!! Cant get a good life jacket for my one of my girls unless I get it from Geelong which I may have to do otherwise off the net and it is a bit hard with sizes if you cant try them on!!

He had settled on the old Dollar Curtains site opposite the station but opted out last minute for some reason.

Last I heard he was pretty settled on a shop in the Safeway complex as a tennant was leaving at the end of July/early August. Think it is the 'Alotech' shop.

Has also considered the new complex near Sams wharehouse. He needs somewhere with parking at the door to aid with loading larger items/tanks etc. The parking on Liebig is shocking so avoiding the CBD so to speak.

Already tried to get him to stock Eukanuba but says he has to draw the line. If he stocks that, people will want Purina, or EVO, or Bonnie........

and wont have space or knowledge for dog accessories etc.

Hi everyone, Barb has convinced me to jump on, (thanks barb)

I'm another sth west dog owner, I have Roxy a 5 year old Stafford, and have just taken on a 10 week old Chocolate Lab pup for Seeing Eye Dogs Aust. He's name is Pickles! (might have seen him in the Standard today) I am the coordinator of the puppy program for SEDA.

Will aim to pop in from time to time to see whats happening.

:mad:( bout time you showed up :D

The picture in the paper was great little pickles looked so handsome!!

You say you will aim to pop in from time to time I'll hold you to that!!

I bet you will,

I will do by best I promise, Little Pickles is a spunky young man, so good to, Not to impressed about going out to the toilet in this weather though, to wee's inside tonight.