Alternative Treatments For Lymphoma

Jo's Tribe

I havent put this in the sick rottie post as I was hoping to attract the attention of all users.

My brothers rescue rottie has just been diagnosed with Lymphoma.

He starts treatment tomorrow. So far the vet says its aggressive but has been caught early. He took George to our usual vet in Sydney and was referred right away to the uni. They have been fantastic so far and so quick to start treatment.

Is there anything I can suggest to my brother as far as diet and alternative treatments that may assist with the chemo and conventional vet treatment?

George is about 5 as a rough guess. Its always hard with the rescue dogs.

Does anyone have any suggestions about diet? Currently he is on a mix of dry food, raw meat and veges with raw bones as well. He is a bit of a hoover so will eat pretty much anything.

I can recommend the holistic vets at " All natural vet care"

http://thenaturalhealthguide.com.au/practi...erapy/bfougere/

cheers

Helen

A second for All Natural Vet Care in Sydney. :rainbowbridge:

Ollie has MCT and we were originally told he had 12-18 months. He is still here more than 3 years later thanks to the wonderful holistic vets here.

Ollie did chemo for 6 months and the holistic vet gave him stuff to help his immune system and to keep him as healthy as possible while he was going through chemo. Then we just continued with their advice and well his longevity speaks for itself.

You will need to look at diet as well - go for as natural a diet as possible. Remove all carbs (carbs feed cancer). You will have to cook the meat now (cooked is safer for sick dogs). Vitamin C will become your best friend - we give Ollie 1000mg a day still. When he got really sick a few times while undergoing chemo, he had Vit C via a drip - it is an amazing tonic for sick dogs and you really won't believe the difference it makes.

Wishing you all the very best and although Ollie's cancer is different I am happy to chat about it if you want.