Dog Brush...

Can anyone tell me a good dog brush, I have a mastiff so he has a short coat.

thanks

Curry comb and body brush from a horse supplies shop.

Curry comb first to remove dead hair then body brush to polish the coat. You could add a hair removal tool with a serrated blade for times when shedding is more severe.

Can anyone tell me a good dog brush, I have a mastiff so he has a short coat.

thanks

Curry comb and body brush from a horse supplies shop.

Curry comb first to remove dead hair then body brush to polish the coat. You could add a hair removal tool with a serrated blade for times when shedding is more severe.

thanks for that Poodle...

Thats a great idea... I have a german shepherd any good tips for getting out the loose hairs?

Currently using a rubber brush and then a brush with thin metal combs everyday but he is still always loosing hair.

The GSD folk no doubt would have recommendations but the serrated blade hair removal tools are awesome! You can get them in dog or horse size. For T&T's Mastiff, horse sized seems appropriate. :laugh:

Thats a great idea... I have a german shepherd any good tips for getting out the loose hairs?

Currently using a rubber brush and then a brush with thin metal combs everyday but he is still always loosing hair.

For my husky, who would have a very similar coat, I use a wide toothed comb, slicker brush, furminator and pin brush. The wide toothed comb gets the loose hair out of the long areas of coat (backs of the legs/bum, ruff of the neck, behind the ears), the slicker polishes the coat (all over brushing), the furminator takes the dead heair out of the shorter coat (on his sides and down his legs), and the pin brush gets the knots of out the longer coat (like the legs and the ruff of the neck) quickly.

The best thing to get rid of the shedding coat though is a forced air dryer - it blows the loose hair out of the coat and Zero pretty much stops shedding for about a week after i use it on him.

We have just discovered the "BEST" thing for removing dead hair from both our dogs - Kelpie & RR.

I bought these so OH wouldnt rip his hands while cleaning out the gutters, and being the comedian he is, he put them on and started rubbing down our ridgie girl. Not only did it work amazingly, but she loved it!! She doesnt like being brushed much, but she loved the massage of the magic gloves! They even work on our Kelpie who has hair alot longer than a RR, she enjoys her rub down also. I usually get them on the back of the ute so they are at a nice height, and give them a few minutes each of grooming.

DSCF1859.jpg

They are Ansell, Powerflex gloves and can be found in the gardening/glove section in hardware shops like Bunnings etc.

He even passed on the idea on to a workmate with a pug, whos "mum" was getting sick of all the hair :laugh:

Hope this helps -