Gd Seminar

This is to any one that went to the GD seminar or at least understads his handling system. I have some notes from when we were doing Positional Cue. The diagram I have has now stumped me as to how on earth you could get to PQ.

I still understand that the PQ gives the dog the idea of where he might be going next, my diagram is lost on me though. Can any one help me make sense of it.

I have attached a copy of it here

post-7974-1235357438_thumb.jpg

Edited by LilBailey

Ok - you're positional cue should tell your dog without hesitation where you are going next....

therefore - if 5a was your next obstacle - your FC should be as close to Bar A as posible.... that way - it is v. clear to your dog you are doing that jump and not the others. If you were in the centre - your dog would have no idea if it was doing A, B, C or D.

if 5b was your jump then your FC should be as close to where you have written 5b (assuming you were going to 5d next)

if 5c was your jump then your FC should be as close to that bar as possible..... if you kept that as a straight line, your dog would not necissarily see that depending on how they took jump 4.

My guess for 5d is that you would be outside the box - you would FC as close to jump 4 as possible and with a shoulder rotation, 5d should open up... I may be wrong for this one :laugh:

I know - I look at it and think OMG there is no way I could get to those jumps.... but I think it's important that while you increase your lateral distance, your body should still be pointing in the direction your dog should be going, until they have committed (ie: front feet off the ground) to the jump.

More sense?

LP is pretty right but I think what is confusing you is that you have drawn No 4 on the wrong side of the jump. This is what is making the sequence confusing. It would be very difficult to complete because you would have to threadle between 3 and 4 and this is not the idea in this particular sequence. Hope that helps. :rolleyes:

LOL yes that does make a lot more sense now.

All of the PQ are a FC because thats what you need for the rest of the imaginary course. :rolleyes:

and with 4 on the other side of the jump that is posible. What about D? would that be a RC Or do you still FC there even though it is not near the next jump.

Thanks KC I havn't seen that one yet. I thought great dog, shame about the handler sumed us up pretty well.

Serp and Threadle handling stumps me a bit still. I think I would have understood it a little more had I had my dog there to try with.