Central Coast People

I used to really like the vet we have been seeing. He is really nice, genuinely cares about the animals and always seemed to know what to talk about, and gives lots of great advice.

However, I'm starting to think we might need to find a new vet. The short version is:

We had an incident with his vet nurse when Darcy was a baby, he is now very nervous when we take him there. This was almost enough on its own to make me change vets, especially since the vet refuses to acknowledge that there is a problem with her.

Recently, we took him in for a visit, because he had some bald spots on his face that I was sure were ringworm. However, when the vet looked at him, he said it was mange. We did what he told us too and soon enough the bald spots all went away, eventually. The vet told us it was highly likely that he would develop more spots, and told us we should have him desexed and not breed from him.

Just today, about 2 months later, I felt something just under the tip of his ear, it felt like a scab. I had a look, and now I'm not vet but I am 99% sure that it is ringworm. Its easier to tell without so much hair around it.

Now I'm wondering, were the other spots we found before actually ringworm as well? Or was it mange? Part of me thinks I should have just trusted my judgment in the first place, but another part of me thinks, the vet must have been right, because it went away with the treatment he gave us.

So basically, I want to take him to a different vet and see what they say, but I have noticed that there are not a lot of competent vets on the coast :rolleyes:

I used to really like the vet we have been seeing. He is really nice, genuinely cares about the animals and always seemed to know what to talk about, and gives lots of great advice.

However, I'm starting to think we might need to find a new vet. The short version is:

We had an incident with his vet nurse when Darcy was a baby, he is now very nervous when we take him there. This was almost enough on its own to make me change vets, especially since the vet refuses to acknowledge that there is a problem with her.

Recently, we took him in for a visit, because he had some bald spots on his face that I was sure were ringworm. However, when the vet looked at him, he said it was mange. We did what he told us too and soon enough the bald spots all went away, eventually. The vet told us it was highly likely that he would develop more spots, and told us we should have him desexed and not breed from him.

Just today, about 2 months later, I felt something just under the tip of his ear, it felt like a scab. I had a look, and now I'm not vet but I am 99% sure that it is ringworm. Its easier to tell without so much hair around it.

Now I'm wondering, were the other spots we found before actually ringworm as well? Or was it mange? Part of me thinks I should have just trusted my judgment in the first place, but another part of me thinks, the vet must have been right, because it went away with the treatment he gave us.

So basically, I want to take him to a different vet and see what they say, but I have noticed that there are not a lot of competent vets on the coast :laugh:

Were abouts on the Central Coast do you live ?

Not sure how far your willing to travel for a vet, but the vet Peibe uses is tops, His name is hugh Bain from Bateau Bay vets, im thinking of switching over to his practice. Im using Killarney vale hospital atm, but the new nurses are strange, even though ive been using that clinic for 10yrs +

So how far are you willing to travel, that will give us a better idea

Not sure how far your willing to travel for a vet, but the vet Peibe uses is tops, His name is hugh Bain from Bateau Bay vets, im thinking of switching over to his practice. Im using Killarney vale hospital atm, but the new nurses are strange, even though ive been using that clinic for 10yrs +

So how far are you willing to travel, that will give us a better idea

It doesn't matter, as long as they're good. But preferably someone on the coast :thumbsup: I might try the one at Bateau Bay, I think the in-laws take their girl there too...