Lumbar Sacral

The past couple of weeks my 1yr old lab has been reluctant to get into the car (lancer so it's low to the ground) and hasn't tried to sneak up onto my bed.

I was worried about her and took her to the vet. I was thinking it was her hips, but the vet said her hips appeared OK.

Today I took Scout to the Chiro as I felt she just wasn't right.

He checked her over, he said her hips were what you would expect of a 12mth old lab, but she has a problem with the Lumbar Sacral. He said it was pretty bad and consitant with a trauma such as falling on her back out of a car or off a verandah.

We have not witnessed any accidents, so she has either done it when we were at work or the other suggestion is that it is from chasing a ball.

She is ball crazy and we have tried to be careful with exercise and play, but obviously something has happened along the way.

I'm unsure of how bad a problem with the lumbar sacral is and if it will be an ongoing problem, I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and can shed some light on lumbar sacral problems.

Ok noone that i know will be able to help - wrong state.

A good bowen therapist should be able to do wonders for your pup.

Regular treatments will help also

Did you have xrays done to confirm the damage?

If so, take them with you to your chiro or bowen therapist - it will give them a better view of what is the matter

With your girl being 12months old, does her breeder want her hips xrayed?

That would be my first port of call - getting her hips xrayed and at the same time a plate of her back

That way your chiro can see the problem/s instead of feeling them.

The breeder never said anything about wanting her hips xrayed when we got her, but I might give them a call and talk to them about it, they are fairly close to us and I guess would be able to point me in the direction of the best place to get them done at.