Puppy Peeing On Bedding Etc

Crazy5

Hi, Just wanted to get some thoughts on our situation. We have a 10 mth old Tibetan Spaniel who we bought from his breeder at 6mths old. He was not completely toilet trained when we got him and had several accidents but quickly got the idea of what was expected. The only problem is he will still pee on bedding in his crate and also any towel, blanket, clothing that gets left on the floor (with 3 small kids someone always has something left laying around).

I dont think it is by accident though. He can hold on all night if no bedding is in his crate, and doesnt pee just on the carpet or tiles, only on items left on the floor.

Any advice on why he is doing it and how we can stop it?? He's a perfect dog apart from this random peeing :)

No I didnt think to ask the breeder I might email her and check. He was crate trained with her and there was a lot of blankets in the crate he didnt appear to have soiled. Is there any way to deter him now? I havent managed to catch him in the act so I have just been cleaning up after him.

He was desexed last week. Havent had a problem since but he has only really been up and about since this morning. If it is a territory thing it should settle now shouldnt it? Also what is a belly band?

Hopefully the desexing should remove alot of the hormones making him feel the urge to mark. But some dogs who have gotten into a habit of doing so it doesn't really help.

Make sure you tell him off if you catch him in the act.

Belly bands are a band of material that you can put pads into and basically wrap around your dog so that if they do pee they pee in the pad and band rather then all over your things.

You could make them yourself or buy them here Belly Bands