New Puppy On A Budget

IggiePiggie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Puppy showers are a great idea. My friend did one for her kitten and ended up with a stack of stuff, stuff that she would have like to buy herself but couldnt justify.

Also grandparents are great as well if they are into dogs. My mum goes overboard, I dont have a dog yet and she is already collecting stuff that she thinks i will need when i do (which is going to be at least a year away yet). She has a glory box for my puppy :scared: She has already collected bowls, cheap towels, some toys, collar and lead. I can see it now, one day i am going to rock up there and she will have bought a puppy for herself cause she couldnt wait for me to get one.

But tell everyone you know that you are going to get a puppy. Might score some small gifts.

I cant remember where i saw it now, but a few weeks back i found a 'puppy pack' in a store, it had lead, collar, 2 plastic bowls, 2 toys and some liver treats. It was about $25-$30 if i remember correctly. I thought that was a good idea.

Good luck. And make sure you post some picutres when you get the little bundle of joy.

• 2 weeks later...

awww what a cutie!

have fun with him!

eta that the best toy we have had is a teddy bear that came in a puppy Kong pack with a puppy kong and the teddy bear. Certainly worth the money spent on it, it is now nearly five years old and still being played with by various dogs. It is the only toy that has lasted in our house apart from the tuff toys but I have larger dogs, one who trys to rip everything up.

Edited by Onslowsmum