How Much To Feed Puppy?

Jetty

Hi

I am a bit confused on the amount and how frequently I should be feeding my puppy. I do not have scales at home so I have been guessing the amont of dry food it says to feed him on the side of the advance packaging. The puppy was 3.3kg last time we visited the vet and we have been feeding him twice a day. Ihave just been questioning the amount i have been feeding him due to him getting bigger around the stomach but i am unsure if this is him growing or him actually putting on extra weight?? Can someone please give me an appropriate amount in measuring cups maybe?

Also I have been having problems with him being a guts and eating everything he finds. I have some young sisters at home and sometimes they leave there bowls/plates on the coffee table and the puppy scoffs whats left over before you can get over him to stop him.

Solutions? Thank you.

Have you wormed him?

The easiest way to tell if you pup is getting enough food is to feel his ribs. There should be a light covering over them but you should be able to feel rib with the flat of your hand without having to apply pressure.

Have you wormed him?

The easiest way to tell if you pup is getting enough food is to feel his ribs. There should be a light covering over them but you should be able to feel rib with the flat of your hand without having to apply pressure.

Yes he is up to date with his worming thanks.

How old is the puppy?

IMO you should be feeding three times a day untill the puppy is at least 6 months old.

I would have no clue about dry food so I suggest you follow the packet instructions on the quantity to feed.

If you were feeding a BARF/Raw diet it would be 10% of the puppys weight daily.

How old is the puppy?

IMO you should be feeding three times a day untill the puppy is at least 6 months old.

I would have no clue about dry food so I suggest you follow the packet instructions on the quantity to feed.

If you were feeding a BARF/Raw diet it would be 10% of the puppys weight daily.

The puppy is 4 months old.

The puppy is 4 months old.

Pup should be still on 3 meals a day.

You are probably feeding the right amount, if you are following the packet. Divide the amount you are feeding now into three meals.

thanks for the advice.

When Tilba was 1st home she was fed according to the breeders instructions which was 1/2 cup kibble 3 times a day with additives alternated of sardines, raw egg, yoghurt, cottage cheese & raw meat. She was also give raw bones once or twice a week. At the time she was 7-8 kg & 12 weeks old.