What Is Your Best Piece Of Advice?

Parkeyre

:laugh: What's your best piece of advice you can offer that regards to dogs, puppies, first time owners, people who are looking at purchasing, dog diets and excerice, desexing, papers, breeders, people who would buy more then one pup at a time etc? Anyone thing i listed, as many as ou like, or something totally different.

There are so many dog lovers here on DOL.

What's your advice. :thumbsup:

My best piece of advice is to not breed unregistered dogs without health checks/tests and then sell off unpapered puppies for $800 a piece That equals Back Yard Breeding :laugh:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised noone has said

"Get a cat instead!!"

But I guess thats a whole new can of worms! :thumbsup:

:laugh::laugh: Love it!

My advice is be genuinely confident that you can and will teach your dog to be well behaved. It's true, you can, and your dog wil pick up on your confidence - or your lack of it!

We wouldn't expect a human baby to learn and grow into a well adjusted member of society if it was brought up with no disapline, boundaries or schooling. It is a mistake to have this high expectation of dogs. You get what you put in.

Your dog is not being naughty to annoy you it just does not know what is expected. They cannot rationalise like us and do not have the greatest grasp of the english language. :thumbsup: Be patient. Learn to be a good teacher.

i agree with all the other advice, but this is what I was going to say. So many people give up on dogs, esp before they are 2 yrs or so, simply because they expect the dog to behave like the 8 year old dog down the road :laugh: Patience patience patience, and please, be NICE :laugh: