Is It O.k To Mix A Super Premium Food With A Lower Quality Food

You have to feed what works for your dogs, all are different.

I have tried 6 different dry feeds until I settled back on the one I currently use.

In saying that it works great for a Scottie but my schnauzer is a little too much on the lean side.

Trial and error will give you the answer :laugh:

Good luck :p

I tried DVP and the high protein gave Gomez the runs - a lot is trial and error...

Gomez - which DVP variety as the ones available here are all under the 30% protein from memory?

Sags

Hi Sags, I meant Artemis with the high protein, sorry... he seems to do well around the 20-22% mark

Thanks for clarifying that Gomez. It really does come down to what suits your own dog.

The beauty with Artemis is that there are several options. Maximal is the only grain free variety, the rest do include a balanced grain profile. There is even now (just this week) Artemis Osopure which is single meat protein so adds another great food to the country.

:laugh:

If you thik it's the Advance causing the problems then there's no point mixing it with any other food. Mix it while you change to an alternative dry.

You could also switch them over to a basic raw diet or chicken wings, carcass, necks or whole chicken, roo tail, lamb flap, lamb necks, beef brisket, rabbits and add things like sardines, eggs, a bit of cheese, vegies and some fruits. You don;t need to make up barf mixes or go to a lot of trouble to feed raw, buy it in bulk and freeze it.

I would switch to one type of food and gradually add the next so if the farts etc restart you can identify which is causing the problem eg. my dogs cannot have lamb as the fat content makes them fart machines. However they do well on chicken necks/wings.

Thanks for clarifying that Gomez. It really does come down to what suits your own dog.

The beauty with Artemis is that there are several options. Maximal is the only grain free variety, the rest do include a balanced grain profile. There is even now (just this week) Artemis Osopure which is single meat protein so adds another great food to the country.

:wave:

Sags, will you guys get Wellness over there anytime? Great stuff for cats and dogs -

There is so much variety over here it would make your head spin!

Feed your dogs what works for them. Mine are on Cobber Working Dog at the moment, its very cheap but nothing artificial and they are in great shape. Bright, active, not too smelly poops and gorgeous shiny coats. :wave: