Puppy Eye Watering

My 12 week puppy seems to have had a running eye since yesterday, its not running a lot just now and then you can see it has run onto his cheek. He was at a park on Sunday with a lot of sand where there were loads of dogs running around and the sand was going everywhere. Could he have sand etc in his eye?

Does the eye look injured? Is he squinting?

Small scratches/injuries can be hard to see with the naked eye and by an

person who doesn't know what they are looking for. These small scratches can very quickly lead to ulcers which cause lots of damage.

Have you flushed the eye with a saline solution?

If the dog continues to show discomfort I would be off to the vets.

Puppies that are not fully vaccinated should not really be running around in a place that dogs of unknown vaccination histories are and have been.

Does the eye look injured? Is he squinting?

Small scratches/injuries can be hard to see with the naked eye and by an

person who doesn't know what they are looking for. These small scratches can very quickly lead to ulcers which cause lots of damage.

Have you flushed the eye with a saline solution?

If the dog continues to show discomfort I would be off to the vets.

Puppies that are not fully vaccinated should not really be running around in a place that dogs of unknown vaccination histories are and have been.

My puppy is fully vaccinated if you dont mind, my vet uses a new C5 done at 10 weeks and then a year later, so I would check the facts first before you make assumptions.

Cooled cammomile tea is also good and soothing too.

If it goes on for more than a day take the pup to your vet though. My boy had entropian caused by an ingrown eyelash as a baby puppy. It started of with just a watery eye so it's best to be safe rather than sorry with these things :thumbsup:

Some puppies will also have a slight, watery dicharge from the eyes during teething.

At 12 weeks, your pup could be starting the teething process.

Julie

Thanks Echo he turned 12 weeks on saturday so it could be, it has stopped now since last night.