Teething

Nichole

Hey Everyone,

My 4 month old Amstaff is loosing his teeth and i have just noticed some little ulcer type things on his top lip. They are all inline with his teeth so it looks like they could be rubbing.

Has anyone had anything like this before? Anything i can do for him? I am sure its got to be uncomfortable for the poor thing :laugh: !

Thanks

Are they on the inside or outside? Oscar has tiny little bumps on the outside of his lip?

They are on the inside of his lip, like pimple type bump things... i think we might take a trip to the vet to be sure.

Are they on the inside or outside? Oscar has tiny little bumps on the outside of his lip?

They are on the inside of his lip, like pimple type bump things... i think we might take a trip to the vet to be sure.

interesting... once you do, can you let me know what the vet says?

I'm very curious now.. ;)

sometimes dogs will rub there mouths on the ground, chew sticks et. if you are feeding your dog bones on concrete or he is having a bad tim teething which is causing him to rub his mouth this can cause little bumps on the inside of the lips which can turn to ulcers. best to keep an eye them and if you are concerned see a vet.

sometimes dogs will rub there mouths on the ground, chew sticks et. if you are feeding your dog bones on concrete or he is having a bad tim teething which is causing him to rub his mouth this can cause little bumps on the inside of the lips which can turn to ulcers. best to keep an eye them and if you are concerned see a vet.

Thanks for that MissMoo!, theyare getting a little better so I havent taken him to the vet yet. I will monitor them and see how he goes. He often rubs his face on the ground and chews on bark but he is also teething at the moment so hopefully its all a combination of that and it goes away! Thanks :thumbsup:

It might be a silly question, but does feeding a dog bones on concrete make a difference to feeding on grass :thumbsup: Just curious as George drags his bones up to beside his kennel which is on concrete and eats them there from time to time, he has no ulcers though.... :)

It might be a silly question, but does feeding a dog bones on concrete make a difference to feeding on grass :( Just curious as George drags his bones up to beside his kennel which is on concrete and eats them there from time to time, he has no ulcers though.... :rofl:

If it does make a difference I have no idea what it would be, I don't think it matters where they eat their bones as long as it isn't on the carpet :)