Birthday Time

I'm sure many of you out there have, at one time or another, spoilt your four legged friend with a birthday cake on their special day. ;)

Anyone have a 'safe' recipe they are happy to share.....my old girl turns 9yrs and would like something different to the rump steak or bone of previous years :thumbsup:

I love celebrating my dogs birthdays and have found a few great websites with recipes for cake and treats.

http://www.dog-treat-recipe-exchange.com/d...ke_recipes.html

We had a huge celebration for my girls 1st Birthday and had the cake made by a local bakery that are happy

to make dog friendly carrot/carob/peanut butter cakes - needless to say my friends thought I was mad -

but that may have more to do with the custom hats which all featured paw prints and a photo of my girl LOL

post-23719-1247622370_thumb.jpg

Tyras 1st birthday cake

post-23719-1247622167_thumb.jpg

Free shot = she got to have a big bite before we cut and served it to the 28 dogs in attendance LOL

photos of the party are here http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=2&a...p;id=1070631186

I have 5 days to organise her 3rd birthday - a quiet one at home this time with cake & steak :thumbsup:

Happy 9th Birthday to your girl ;)

I started a similar thread not long ago in General Discussion - if you do a search you might find it has some great ideas.

Due to Sash's sensitive tummy, I made her 'cake' out of Advance canned food (which she is accustomed to) and pieces of cheese which she loves and are a massive treat for her. So it was pretty basic (but tummy friendly) and I made it into a nice design for her... she loved it!!!

post-8152-1247624910_thumb.jpg

post-8152-1247624935_thumb.jpg

We used to let my girl have a small piece of birthday cake, that was for her 1st b-day. For her 2nd birthday she got a bbq chicken with a candle in it and ate some of the chicken we all shared it. On friday it will be Lizzy's 3rd birthday and all she will be getting is her usual cooked sweet potato. She suffers from pancreatitas so everything else is out of the question until i have her diet worked out and under control. Just thought i would say though that i have a very very smart little dog and she loves opening presents. She tears in to the paper and just wants what is inside, if she gets a toy she bolts off and plays with it.... it is so adorable!

I have already wrapped up her presents and she is getting a beautiful new snuggly bed. a s/s bowl and a ball. I'm on a tight budget this year after all her vet expenses My mum will come over with presents for her too... probably toys. We will sing happy birthday to her and then she will open them all up and have the time of her life. ha ha

We will probably take her down to the park after work for a run and possibly to the beach on the weekend if it is nice weather!!! :laugh: so spoilt!

I started a similar thread not long ago in General Discussion - if you do a search you might find it has some great ideas.

Due to Sash's sensitive tummy, I made her 'cake' out of Advance canned food (which she is accustomed to) and pieces of cheese which she loves and are a massive treat for her. So it was pretty basic (but tummy friendly) and I made it into a nice design for her... she loved it!!!

ha ha that is adorable Kelly.

Good thinking. Hopefully next year lizzy will be well entruly under control and i may do a simialr thing for her.

Lizzy06, I do understand that you are in an even tougher position with your little girl.

Nothing wrong with sweet potato if that is what will best suit her tummy - it's all about the presentation!! Just put it in a nice shape, put a candle in and hey presto - you have a sweet potato cake!! Maybe decorate it with something else she can handle (i think I read she can have some fish)? Perfect!!

Our dogs with sensitive tummies shouldn't miss out, even if it is just made out of their boring old food :laugh: