Sardine Breath!

misscoco13

We have a beautiful little Shih Tzu puppy who is almost 12 weeks. I have switched her onto a raw diet as she wouldn't eat the Eukanuba or Royal Canin kibble. Raw is going really well and she loves her chicken necks etc!

I gave her sardines mixed with grated cheese for her breakfast on Sunday, and she gobbled that down very quickly. After that she just smelled so bad, so yucky and fishy! ;) Even after gnawing on her chicken necks, she still had fish breath!!

Is there any recommendations for products to remove this? You could honestly smell it all through the house, not just when you held her!!

Help!!! :o

Oh dear did she have some around her mouth too in the hair? My girls have sardines regularly but once the smell goes after they finish all is well - not that I try for a kiss just after tea ;)

No, she's a really clean eater and her face has nothing on it. She's just really stinky! :o BTW, since I switched her food to raw, the "doggy smell" has disappeared. I hate to think what was in the kibble and My Dog she was eating previously! Now she smells great....except for the stinking fish breath ;)

Edited by misscoco13

I regularly feed sardines to my labs and usually they dont smell afterwards. Maybe it is because labs are notorious for gobbling their food.A bit of stinky fish breath is a good trade of for a healthy happy dog anyway.Maybe she had some stuck in her teeth.

I regularly feed sardines to my labs and usually they dont smell afterwards. Maybe it is because labs are notorious for gobbling their food.A bit of stinky fish breath is a good trade of for a healthy happy dog anyway.Maybe she had some stuck in her teeth.

Charlieandoops has posted in the shar pei thread about some probiotic powder that apparently helps neutralise the stinkies.. perhaps contact her??

Yes mine pretty much inhale their food - that may be the trick :laugh: