Eye Problem?

rsea

I'm not sure if this is even a problem but I took some shots of our 6 month old staffy today and I noticed something off with his eye

It looks like the 3rd eyelid isn't retracting. Has anyone seen this before?

I'm just not sure if it's nothing or if I should head to the vet

post-29485-1252242290_thumb.jpg

post-29485-1252242525_thumb.jpg

It's not something I would be to worried about. I am no expert but you do see dogs that have visable third eyelids.

Perhaps flush his eye out with cammomile tea. I usually use a slightly warm teabag, put it over the eye and squeeze the liquid out into the eye. You could also use some luke warm salty water.

Keep watch of the eye and if you notice any swelling, redness, cloudiness, scratch marks, blinking, holding the eye shut etc get a vets advice quickly.

Hey there,

Hope that your pup is well. Our little lab, Charli who is 7 months has a similar thing. in the morning she will wake up with sleep/gunk in her eyes but it always cleared up after she woke up. This the vet said was fine but just to keep an eye on if and to come back if it got worse or started to smell.

I don't know if the next thing is similar, but Charli was playing with another dog when her third eye got pulled out and wouldnt retract back. Unfortunately this was also because she had a slightly deformed cartilage in her eye when she was born (though vet couldnt tell this until he operated as at first he thought it could have been cherry eye) so she required surgery and an Elizabethan collar which she HATED!. I cant tell by your photo too clearly but her eye looked a little but like that but the eyelid was quite a bit bigger. (I will try upload a photo if I can figure out how)

I would say if the eye looks like it is bothering you puppy definetely get it checked out. Our vet is great and if it turns out to be nothing, they dont charge us.