Recommendations For Behaviouralist...

KateM

Hi there

Can anyone recommend a good behaviouralist in the Rockhampton area of Qld? I have a friend living there with his young Weimaraner and he's having some problems - not sure of the nature of the problem - but he's looking for some help. He would probably be willing to travel some distance for the right person.

Would be grateful if anyone can point us in the right direction.

Thanks

Edited by KateM

Depending on the nature of the problem some trainers like k9force will do consults long distance. But this would depend on the problem, if it's agression based I doubt that any good trainer would do program without first seeing the dog.

Thanks for these replies. I have since learnt that it is severe separation anxiety. The dog is extremely destructive when left alone and will chew through doors to get out if left alone. I will forward those links thanks Bigdogg.

I am in Rocky too, I wish I could help out :cry: Atlas and I have an appointment with gooddogs.com.au next Saturday for some one-on-one focus training, if you like I can let you know what they're like and whether they're worth a go? The lady I spoke to on the phone was really nice.