Rspca Desexing

SeeGee

Hi team,

I might be going crazy but doesnt the RSPCA have a desexing program in QLD? IF they do,what is it? I kinda thought they did it for a lesser price and the proceeds went to rspca - have i imagined this? I called them today and the person that i spoke to knew nothing about it. She is taking my no. and will call me back......but i thought i'd ask - am i losing my mind!!??

Cheers

Jacqui

I know the RSPCA down here have a vet clinic that the normal public can take their animals to. Last time I looked the prices were about average for all services.

On occasions I am pretty sure they have run desexing and microchipping campaigns where for a certain time these two things were a little cheaper to the general public. Current cat desexing and microchipping special offer

Hi team,

I might be going crazy but doesnt the RSPCA have a desexing program in QLD? IF they do,what is it? I kinda thought they did it for a lesser price and the proceeds went to rspca - have i imagined this? I called them today and the person that i spoke to knew nothing about it. She is taking my no. and will call me back......but i thought i'd ask - am i losing my mind!!??

Cheers

Jacqui

RSPCA desex all cats and dogs prior to offering them for adoption but are not permitted to offer their veterinary services to the public in Qld.

I know that the Animal Welfare League in Cairns offers reduced desexing fees to pensioners etc......you can also pay the fees off, which is brilliant. Well they did last year, lets hope that they still do.

I know I know, Cairns is a long way to go, what I am getting at is that perhaps it might be worth ringing around various places......

cheers Cathaven

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks All,

Got Charlie desexed on Thursday, cos just over $300 including pain relief antibiotics etc. At least its done now, poor little guy is running around in his ecollar and is a little constipated, but the wound is clean and he is home safe and sound. Just got him done at the local greencross vets. Id rather pay and know its done and he is safe and happy than worry about price at the end of the day.

Cheers,

Jacqui