Introducing New Food

JudyG

Hi - I am relatively new to these forums and after reading them felt guilty about feeding my Westie Supercoat & My dog. She has had some skin issues on & off so after reading through I decided to switch to Eagle Pack Holistic. I got the Duck flavour. I have introduced it gradually but now that it is not mixed in with her previous food she is not eating it!

Do you think it may be just the transition to all dry when she previously had dry & canned mixed or maybe she just doesn't like it! Everyone on here seemed to say their dogs loved it.

Any alternative suggestions that your dogs have loved?

I wouldn't pander to her. Put the food out for no more than 20 minutes. If she doesn't eat it put it away for next feed. After a day or so she should start to eat it, if not b4. Once she realises that that is all she's getting she'll eat. No dog will starve itself unless it's really sick. Make sure to always have clean water available.

Do/did you give her other things besides the supercoat & mydog? I add something to most of my dog's kibble meals on alternate nights such as a raw egg, sardines, yoghurt, cottage cheese & raw bones 2-3 times a week.

Here's a link to an alternative to drugs using apple cider vinegar. I used to use the cheap one from the supermarket but now have the 'Mother' one from the healthfood store. Works much better.

http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/allergies.html