Grunting

Lizzy06

My dog has pancreatitias. But i have been noticing lately she sighs and grunts and moves around uncomfortable in the belly sometimes. I really do not think it is her pancreatitias as her symptons for that used to be not wanting to eat and sometimes vomiting.

She still want's to eat, her food. She has a great appetite which she never used to have when her pancreas was flaring. The only other things i notice are that she eats grass a fair bit and her eyes look glassy. I thought perhaps it is Colic or IBD or something. Does anyone elses dog have similar sypmtons or can advise me what it may be?

Cheers Kris & Lizzy

Best place to get answers is your vet. It's pretty hard to diagnose symptoms over the internet...

I have taken her to them numerous times and for 2nd opinions and they say they want to perform exploratory surgery on her. I'm scared to death of this and i do not want to put her through that! She is only a small thing and it is major major surgery!!

I just thought perhaps someone has experienced similar things

If you are in Victoria, I'd highly recommend you arrange a consult with Dr. Bruce Syme in Castlemaine.

I don't know why I keep recommending him ..... it will get to the point where he'll be too busy to fit my boy in to his schedule !! LOL

But truly - I travel 2 hours each way to see him when I have something that requires anything other than the standard check.

I would describe him as a 'minimalist' in his attitude to surgery and medications, which means that if he ever told me surgery or drugs were necessary for my boy, I'd believe they were.

Edited by Erny

If you are in Victoria, I'd highly recommend you arrange a consult with Dr. Bruce Syme in Castlemaine.

I don't know why I keep recommending him ..... it will get to the point where he'll be too busy to fit my boy in to his schedule !! LOL

But truly - I travel 2 hours each way to see him when I have something that requires anything other than the standard check.

I would describe him as a 'minimalist' in his attitude to surgery and medications, which means that if he ever told me surgery or drugs were necessary for my boy, I'd believe they were.

Wish i did live in Victoria so i could take her to him. We live in Newcastle 2 hours south of Sydney!

It's really impossible to say what might be wrong.

I'm guessing your vet can't see anything obvious, otherwise wouldn't suggest exploratory surgery :dancingelephant:

The only thing you could do is experiment with her diet- trail and error?

Given her pancreatitis, I'd speak with the vet about any diet changes first.