Not Eating And Stomach Is Gurgling

Kokoro

My dog vomited a couple of times this morning, firstly some brown goopy stuff that caused me to assume he had been eating the rabbits poop (again!).. then just a white foamy, flemy liquid so I figured he had emptied his stomach. I had to go to work so left him with my mother in law to keep an eye on him and when I picked him up this afternoon she said he had refused food all day and been quite lethargic.

I thought maybe he is constipated because he had a bone yesterday and then did a crumbly white poo during the night. His stomach is also making loud gurgling noises. I have tried tempting him with some sardines in oil or some bacon with a tablespoon of oil mixed through but he wasnt interested in either which has made me start to worry and question my constipation theory?

My other half fed him some roast lamb on Friday night of questionable freshness so I am not sure if this might have caused some food poisoning?

Also he had only drunk a very tiny bit of water tonight and threw it up again shortly after which has got me really worried now as he is now refusing to drink also.

So I am wondering if I should take him to the emergency vet now or wait til morning and take him straight in to the regular vet then??

Sorry if this post is a little incoherent.. this is the first time my baby has been sick and I am losing it a little!! :laugh:

He is a 7 month old cocker and up to date with all his shots.

My dog vomited a couple of times this morning, firstly some brown goopy stuff that caused me to assume he had been eating the rabbits poop (again!).. then just a white foamy, flemy liquid so I figured he had emptied his stomach. I had to go to work so left him with my mother in law to keep an eye on him and when I picked him up this afternoon she said he had refused food all day and been quite lethargic.

I thought maybe he is constipated because he had a bone yesterday and then did a crumbly white poo during the night. His stomach is also making loud gurgling noises. I have tried tempting him with some sardines in oil or some bacon with a tablespoon of oil mixed through but he wasnt interested in either which has made me start to worry and question my constipation theory?

My other half fed him some roast lamb on Friday night of questionable freshness so I am not sure if this might have caused some food poisoning?

Also he had only drunk a very tiny bit of water tonight and threw it up again shortly after which has got me really worried now as he is now refusing to drink also.

So I am wondering if I should take him to the emergency vet now or wait til morning and take him straight in to the regular vet then??

Sorry if this post is a little incoherent.. this is the first time my baby has been sick and I am losing it a little!! :laugh:

He is a 7 month old cocker and up to date with all his shots.

take him to the emergency vet it could be a blockage or twisted bowel.

Thanks, we just got back from the emergency vet; he's got some gastro poor fella, but best case scenario as opposed to a blockage or twisted stomach *phew*

The vet gave him an injection for the nausea and he is on a diet of boiled chicken and rice for the next couple of days until his tummy settles down.

As soon as we got home he went straight for the bacon and sardines (now confiscated) I had tried to tempt him with earlier so he is obviously feeling much better! :laugh:

Thanks, we just got back from the emergency vet; he's got some gastro poor fella, but best case scenario as opposed to a blockage or twisted stomach *phew*

The vet gave him an injection for the nausea and he is on a diet of boiled chicken and rice for the next couple of days until his tummy settles down.

As soon as we got home he went straight for the bacon and sardines (now confiscated) I had tried to tempt him with earlier so he is obviously feeling much better! :laugh:

Glad to hear he is okay. ;)