Couple Of Questions Re Zinc And Colloidal Silver

4 Paws

Hi,

Just had a couple of questions I wanted to check on before I start using these items.I'm contemplating trying zinc on one of my dogs who apparently has auto-immunine disease.Vet did not do any tests at all when diognising it,was simply made after my girl has had a constant cracked nose for over 12 months.She also tends to get sores on her skin from time to time

anyone think it may be worh trying zinc tablets and if so what dose would I try?She is on a mix of Artemis and raw

The other enquiry is regarding colloidal silver and it's use for a dog that gets ear infections(my parents gsd)I suddenly thought of telling them to try colloidal silver and wasn't sure if you just wipe ear out with it or actually syringe it in and leave?

I haven't needed to use Zinc tablets but have read a lot of good things about them for dogs and humans. For any supplements I give to my dogs, I give the human dose.

As for the Colloidal Silver, wiping doesn't get it far enough into the ear canal so I would use a dropper, then massage the base of the ear. If you can hear squishing, you know you have enough in there (or the dog has discharge in his ears which would mean a vet visit). And then let the dog shake the excess out of the ear.

I wouldn't use a syringe for 2 reasons. Firstly if the dog has sore ears, you are likely to hurt his infected ear with the force of whatever is coming out of the syringe, and secondly, the noise in the ear when having anything syringed into them is extremely loud, like an earthquake :bottom: which may scare the dog or at least make him shy away from ever having anyone do anything to his ears again :bottom:

Also, I would try the colloidal silver as a daily oral treatment as well to boost immunity. Constant ear infections are usually the result of a lowered immunity and hard to get on top of so a holistic approach is usually best.

Good luck! :bottom:

4 Paws, several years ago my darling GSD girl also had a severely cracked nose, with bleeding every time she knocked it, and I was given the same diagnosis from my vet, - autoimmune disease - who added that nothing could be done about it. My girl also had constantly infected anal glands,

I got onto an American website http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/index.html, and was so impressed that I actually emailed Shirley, and asked her advice. She suggested buying a product called Transfer Factor Plus - the human version - and adding them to food twice a day, which I did. I initially started off giving her 4 capsules, morning and night.

After a few months, the anal glands cleared up completely - no more infection, and the nose completely healed, in fact it looked so healthy and shiny black.

So, from my experience, the Transfer Factor Plus was absolutely marvellous, and it is specifically for auto-immune diseases.

There is a version especially for Dogs, but I used the human version as suggested by Shirley.

If you want to give it ago, I live in South Australia and purchase it from this distributor : http://www.immunehealthsupplements.com/home/, but I believe there are other distributors in Australia.

I lost my beautiful girl two years ago, at the age of 14 years, but she lived a very healthy and happy life until then - that's her in the photo.

So, for what it's worth, that's my suggestion.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

Just had a couple of questions I wanted to check on before I start using these items.I'm contemplating trying zinc on one of my dogs who apparently has auto-immunine disease.Vet did not do any tests at all when diognising it,was simply made after my girl has had a constant cracked nose for over 12 months.She also tends to get sores on her skin from time to time

anyone think it may be worh trying zinc tablets and if so what dose would I try?She is on a mix of Artemis and raw

The other enquiry is regarding colloidal silver and it's use for a dog that gets ear infections(my parents gsd)I suddenly thought of telling them to try colloidal silver and wasn't sure if you just wipe ear out with it or actually syringe it in and leave?

Hi, been a member for a while but don't post cos nothing to say, and I'm not a breader, but I can vouch for EIS/CS (colloidal silver) eliminating ear infection in dog.

Daughter has golden lab which was diagnosed some time ago with a bacterial inner ear infection (confirmed by vet with swab taken while dog was under anaethesia {sp?}).

After numerous vet treatments failed I made a batch of EIS/CS, filled a small syringe and squirted the solution directly into the ear of the dog. Infection was gone in 24 hours. I informed the vet of my treatment, didn't expect him to be very interested...and I was right, I have since given daughter a generator so she can make her own EIS/CS whenever it's needed. I've used it countless times for open wounds on cats also, rather tricky as cats aren't as cooperative as dogs.

The dog continued to shake it's head for a short while from habit due to prolonged failing vet treatments, but quickly got over the habit and was fine.

Dunno if this information is of any use but I CAN vouch for EIS/CS for ear infections in dogs, well I can with THIS dog anyway.

OK, I'll back out now and leave this 'testimonial?' with you.