My Puppy Has Some Cuts :(

cesc04

G'day everyone,

We have another puppy staying with us at the moment, and she has (in playing) caused quite a bloody cut on my puppys face. What can i put on the wound? Also how can I stop her from doin it to him in the future? They are both 13-15weeks.

Cheers,

Simon

cesc04 what breed are the two puppies? Some breeds play rough, their skin tears easy but they heal quick.

Just wash the cuts with warm salty water and supervise play ie. intervene when it gets too rough.

Hi ams,

Thanks for the quick reply on chrissy mornin. My boy is an amstaff and the girl is a border collie x kelpie. We do supervise play most of the time, but there are those occasional times when they are alone, we always make sure we break up play when they do get rough. She just seems to always nip at the side of his face, and just mainly noticed it this morning.

I will go wash his cuts now, does it need to be a certain amount of salt and water?

Poor little fella, I just hope it heals up and hes ok.

Cheers again

Edited by cesc04

It doesn't need to be really salty just a pinch of salt in a cup of water and let it disolve.

Maybe keep the puppies separated when they can't be supervised.

A bit of warm salty water. My pups look like they've been ripping each other apart, this happens until they cut their adult canine teeth. Once this happens they tend not to damage one another as much. If you are not showing them, I wouldn;t worry about it, just patch them up when they do any damage.