Doggie Chiropractor Needed

My German Shepherd pup has been diagnosed as having a pinched nerve and the vet has recommended i take her to a chiropractor. She gave me the number of a few, however they are all out in the Richmond area of Sydney, which is a good hour away from me. So im trying to find a doggie chiropractor a bit closer to home. I gave my regular vets a ring, but they didnt know of anyone, so im hoping someone on here might!! Im looking inner west sydney. I live out Strathfield/Homebush/Concord etc. I dont mind having to travel, id just prefer someone a bit closer!

My German Shepherd pup has been diagnosed as having a pinched nerve and the vet has recommended i take her to a chiropractor. She gave me the number of a few, however they are all out in the Richmond area of Sydney, which is a good hour away from me. So im trying to find a doggie chiropractor a bit closer to home. I gave my regular vets a ring, but they didnt know of anyone, so im hoping someone on here might!! Im looking inner west sydney. I live out Strathfield/Homebush/Concord etc. I dont mind having to travel, id just prefer someone a bit closer!

I know Kristine is a physio rather than chiro but would try giving her a go. She is a human physio and then did a masters in animal physiotheraphy. So well qualified. Here are her details -

CANINE PHYSIO CENTRE

Leichhardt - Sydney

Run by Kristine Edwards of Animals Great & Small Physiotherapy

Mobile: 0408-229-341.

Everyone I know in Sydney uses Gary and Neil Barnsley at Greendale. I know of two breeders who took dogs weekly for years from the north eastern suburbs following major injuries and surgery. Unfortunately good dog chiros are very few and far between and are usually located in areas with lots of greyhounds and horses. People travel for hours to take their dogs to them.

Give the physio a try but if that doesn't work you will just have to travel. The dog show people think nothing of an hour or two travel as they often travel a lot further than that just to go to a show.

It is worth the trip to see Gary or Neil Barnsley - they are wonderful. It's a nice drive and well worth it!

Also there is some fabulous fruit & veg for sale just near them so you can stop & shop and save the money you would've spent in fuel :hug:

I cannot recommend them enough as they do magic work and everyone I know uses them - hence why they can be very busy!

I have been going to Gary for over 20 years as have most my friends and cannot speak highly enough of him. In an emergency recently I

had to see Neil when Gary was booked out and found him wonderful. Some of my friends even like Neil as much or better than Gary.

As mentioned above Peter Schofield is a muscle man not a chiropracter and your vet has recommended a chiropracter. I have heard that Peter is very good at what he does, but for a pinched nerve I think a chiro may be more appropriate.

Edited by dancinbcs

I would also recommend Peter Schofields. He is very gentle and the dogs love him. I had to take a young sheltie who had been injured by one of the older ones out to him. She had pinched nerves in her neck, shoulder and back and he had her up and walking about with two visits.

Well i ended up taking Cullen out to see Peter Schofield, as that was one of the names that the vet had given me. My poor pups back had a number of issues and he has found two spots of calcification on her upper tail. Overall though he reckons he can do a lot for her. Was impressed with him and will be heading back out there next sunday for another session.