Dangerous Dog Survey

emilee

i let them have a piece of my mind :)

makes me so mad :laugh:

Unfortunately, there isn't much market for a piece of someone's mind.

I'm reminded of the old Quaker maxim: "Speak yee not in anger".

Better to present a well reasoned argument and not end out with a threat-counter-threat sort of dialog.

Not that I'm above 'mouthing off' myself .. . I frequently post after a few drinks and say things that probably should have been thought out further .. . . but posting on this forum isn't exactly high-impact . .. . so, presuming you stay within the bounds of civility and forum rules, it's a good way to diffuse anger. When it comes to giving input to a government project looking for input on a decision, I think it's counter-productive to let go of your temper.

Edited by sandgrubber

• 2 weeks later...

Adding the survey details in as it's now been taken down:

http://74.125.153.132/search?q=cache:Pioe2...lient=firefox-a

Department of Primary Industries

The Victorian Government is preparing to introduce legislation to toughen laws around dangerous dogs and your view is important. Please let us know what you think about dangerous dogs by answering the questions and providing your comments on this online survey.

If a stray dog is suspected by a council officer to be a danger to the public by virtue of its size, breed or disposition and it is also not registered – should councils have the power to immediately seize and destroy the dog?

If a dog has already been declared a “dangerous dog” by a council and it is found at large should councils be able to seize it and immediately destroy it?

Should there be a penalty for possession of an unregistered dog, and what should that penalty be?

Should medical practitioners or hospitals be required to report any dog bites to the Government Chief Medical Officer or the Police or Councils?

Should restricted breed (i.e. pit bull) owners be able to keep their animal only if its de-sexed and muzzled when off the property and registered or should they all be destroyed?

Do you have any further comments you would like to make?