Knicked With Scissors

cavmad

.....sitting outside having my cornflakes with the dogs walking around the back yard. Stella decides that she is going to do a poo. I don't know what went wrong but after she did it she must have realised that it didnt actually end up on the grass, rather all tangled in the hair around her bottom. She then proceeded to come onto the concrete verandah and do bottom skids everywhere. She normally does this so I wasnt too worried (yes, have checked her for worms and had the anal glands cleaned out regularly, she still does it) but when I started to see poo being smeared everywhere I realised something was worng. Laid her down on the grass and had a close inspection, just what you want when your pregnant and have just had breakfast. the whole poo was all stuck there so I got the scissors and started cutting it all out. Then turned the hose on very softly and started washing the smaller bits out. Turns out I have knicked her, about the size of a grain of rice, just near her bottom. No bleeding but there is a cut there. Poor little thing, didnt make one single sound! I feel so bad. I finished cleaning her up and put some betadine on cotton wool on it. Is there anything else I could/ should do? I'll keep my eye on it and keep up with the betadine. Hope it doesnt get worse! Poor Stelly! There was just a mess of poo and hair everywhere.