Pug In A Pet Shop.

slk

My Husband and I recently saw a pug puppy for sale in a pet shop window at our local shopping complex when we went to the movies. I quite fancy a pug/frenchie for my next doggie and have taken considerable time to convince OH that well bred pugs do not have bulging eyes that he characterises with pugs. Sure enough these poor little puppies all had terrible conformation, bulging eyes and just looked terribly bred, hardly like pugs at all. I was disappointed for what that respesents for the breed, as well as what the future for these puppies would be if their new owners were not well informed, which seemed unlikely without access to their breeder.

Kayann

slightly OT, but we've had people with purebred dogs come up to us at the beach and comment on bert, and ask if we would be interested in mating him with their xyz girl and make a lovely (insert name of fancy crossbreed here) :)

thank god he is being desexed tomorrow, tho i have to admit i am a bit nervous!

most pugs i have seen in pet shops are definently xs, but they are being sold as pure to the unsuspecting public. a lady at the beach we got chatting to had a pug x beagle and said she bought him in a pet shop and he cost $2500 :)

i was like that is double what we paid for bert, with paperwork and medical history etc