Gt Pets Dna Testing

Sayly

If I have a dog who has been DNA tested before, but I now want to test for a different genetic disease with GT Pets, how do I go about it? I read on their website that they store the DNA so you don't need to send it in again, but what do I need to send them? Microchip number? Reg number? And how do I go about it?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, I have looked on their website but can't find anything on what they need. :welcome:

Your dog should have an ID/collection numer from the first sample taken. Given them a call with the number and they should be able to run the test you are after, if there is enough DNA.

Some times there isn't enough or the quality isn't good enough. I had this happen but I wasn't surprised as it was a DNA sample taken from frozen semen.

Guest Doglady0419
If I have a dog who has been DNA tested before, but I now want to test for a different genetic disease with GT Pets, how do I go about it? I read on their website that they store the DNA so you don't need to send it in again, but what do I need to send them? Microchip number? Reg number? And how do I go about it?

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, I have looked on their website but can't find anything on what they need. :cheer:

If you apply for your test online you simply go to the online calculator, select the test, number of dogs etc and the calculator will do the rest......follow the prompts from there......If your dog has had previous tests you don't need to do anything barr fill out the required details and submit. There is a section on the form if you need to state something like the dog has had tests done before.

If you have left something out or DNA is required they will let you know.....

When in doubt, call the GTpets......