Soft Crate Question

4 Paws

I currently own 2 of the K9 soft crates(1 of each style)

One of the crates stays permantely up inside but the other one is for in the car so is reguarly getting folded down.On the last trip when I went to get it out of the car I noticed one of the grey slidey things that you slide across and the buttons pop through to keep the frame erect has broken so crate was folded in a bitt.This crate also has some small holes in the base of it from being dragged around over pavers when I was too lazy to fold it up and would just store still errect

I know I can buy the grey plastic bit as a replacement and also a new cover if needed but just wondering if any other brand of soft crates may have metal parts like the slide bits that has broken on mine?

Just thinking it might be cheaper to buy a new one than buy replacement parts

Hi 4 paws, as far as I am aware the plastic slides on all soft styled crates that collapse with the bungy-style frame have the pladtic slides only, (of course I am very happy to be corrected if anyone knows otherwise).

We actually commissioned an engineer to design us a metal slide in efforts to achieve a nearly unbreakable frame, but as the slide also be sleeved with another product on the inside to protect the steel frame and was very involved with presses etc, the price ended up making it not worth while to go ahead with. People just do not want to spend double the price on a crate.

Also with the slides only being $4.95 as a replacement spare part, it makes it a much more cost affective option for my customers and for us.

Replacement skins are typically approx half the price of my website price of the entire crate assembly, plus postage. If you wish to send me your email address, I will email you my spare parts price list so you can make an informed decision as to whether you wish to service your existing crate or replace it.

K9+ Soft Dog Crates

:laugh:

Edited by dyzney