Sprung Toe And Boots

kelpiekaye

Ive been reading the thread on dog boots and wondered if boots would help my kelpie who has a sprung toe. She is very active and works the cows on farm. My vet said there's not a lot we can do with the toe except amputate it if it gets arthritis at a later date. She only limps when shes walking but Im sure that when shes running around it wont be helping things. She also limps more if she has had a rest and then gets up. Any suggestions welcome.

A good greyhound chiropracter should be able to fix a sprung toe. It is a very common injury in racing greyhounds and Border Collies tend to get them as well. Sometimes the foot needs to be taped for a while to keep the toes together and the dog needs to be confined and rested for a couple of weeks after it is manipulated but they usually heal completely after treatment and rest.

I can't believe a vet would tell you to just leave it and wait for arthritis to set in. :rofl:

A boot may help with the healing process and help prevent it happening again.

A good greyhound chiropracter should be able to fix a sprung toe. It is a very common injury in racing greyhounds and Border Collies tend to get them as well. Sometimes the foot needs to be taped for a while to keep the toes together and the dog needs to be confined and rested for a couple of weeks after it is manipulated but they usually heal completely after treatment and rest.

I can't believe a vet would tell you to just leave it and wait for arthritis to set in. :angel:

A boot may help with the healing process and help prevent it happening again.

I will try and find a greyhound chiropracter. The last thing I want to do is have her toe amputated. I have tried taping her toes together but it just falls off after a bit. The tape dosnt worry her at all so maybe boots will help the tape stay on. She is one hell of a dog with so much potential. I would love to do agility with her but this toe is a real problem. Thanks for your reply. Kaye