unregistered dangerous and restricted

breed dogs; and,

„ Make it easier to prosecute cases and

to impound dangerous dogs.

As the key stakeholders, local government

will be consulted as the legislation is developed

and progressed."

Yep that's the one

It is a worrying issue. Who, the powers are that are able to decide for us, as dog owners what is dangerous, what is a restricted breed, and of course making it "easier" to prosecute cases".

"Dangerous dogs" that is a dog labeled a danger from a council officer with what dog knowledge? What environment? So many questions......

:thumbsup::cheer:

In another thread relating to powers; laws; etc. I mentioned that it seems once it is documented and accessible to the public, even proposals or in this case, "intentions" are already a done deal.

Making it accessible to the public before it is final seems to me to be mere semantics and there'd be nothing to little that we can do to stop the snow ball that has already gained momentum within the wheels of government. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try, though.

I can see how the RSPCA's push to coerce Councils for what IT wants now ties in.

Once more, I bring to awareness the proximity of election time and for us to make sure we use our Votes wisely.

New Zealand is looking more and more attractive to me by the minute.

Or perhaps some undiscovered island.

:thumbsup:

ETA: Does anyone also note that initially, 'they' picked one small aspect at a time - something that only affected one small percentage of the dog-owning population. NOW they have gone for bigger chunks percentage speaking, but they are also coming in from all sides, making it difficult to keep up. Conspiracy? Or not?

Edited by Erny

ETA: Does anyone also note that initially, 'they' picked one small aspect at a time - something that only affected one small percentage of the dog-owning population. NOW they have gone for bigger chunks percentage speaking, but they are also coming in from all sides, making it difficult to keep up. Conspiracy? Or not?

The most unfortunate thing for Victorians albeit Australians is that we have sucumb to a Tyranny of wolves that dress in sheeps clothing.

There are so many laws in this state that its impossible to live a full life life without at least breaking one a day.

"An unjust law is itself a species of violence. Arrest for its breach is more so". Ghandi

I think letters into the relevant Government Department objecting to their "intentions" or at the very least, expressing grave concerns as to the powers they'll be giving, to who, and for what, would be pro-active and possibly serve as a foundation for formal objections, comments etc. for 'later on' when their agenda is more clearly known, would help.

Want to draw up a basic letter, HR .... that everyone could use to send in individually? Or perhaps someone else would take up the task?

You're right about the "wolves in sheep clothing" analogy, HR. But that doesn't mean we have to meekly fall in like the sheep that we often are.

I'd formulate one, but I am ploughing through some other documentation at the moment for another dog-related purpose :laugh:.

Edited by Erny