Obedience And/or Dancing Clubs

Levi

Bindi and I have moved to the Northside of Brisbane (Keperra) and I am considering doing obedience trialling and/or dancing with her. We compete in agility but I would like to add a bit more to our repertoire.

She is very obedient but our heelwork and turns need polishing. I have not trialled in obedience for over 12 years and need to refresh my footwork and trailling requirements.

I do not want to go to a club that just marches up and down for an hour, and therein lies my problem. I do not know of any training clubs on the Northside that use a more targeted approach. Can anyone recommend one?

I would also like to focus a little more on dancing and am interested to know if there is any training for this on the Northside.

It is a whole new world up here :rofl: .

Bindi and I have moved to the Northside of Brisbane (Keperra) and I am considering doing obedience trialling and/or dancing with her. We compete in agility but I would like to add a bit more to our repertoire.

She is very obedient but our heelwork and turns need polishing. I have not trialled in obedience for over 12 years and need to refresh my footwork and trailling requirements.

I do not want to go to a club that just marches up and down for an hour, and therein lies my problem. I do not know of any training clubs on the Northside that use a more targeted approach. Can anyone recommend one?

I would also like to focus a little more on dancing and am interested to know if there is any training for this on the Northside.

It is a whole new world up here :D .

Wagtails were doing doggy dancing classes. They have a number of training venues. Perhaps contact Tabitha and see if she can help.

www.wagtails.com.au

Metro Dog Obediance Club at Chermside is where a few of us DOLers attend - I know BC4me has had great success in Dancing With Dogs, but not sure where she does that.

but yeah - Metro has all levels of obediance up to advanced trialling members - the website is www.metrodogclub.com if you want more details.

I have considered Metro but am concerned about the marching up and down. I have contacted Val Bonney and will see her Saturday of next week. The week after that I will be checking out Teamwork Dog Obedience. Does anyone have feedback on either of these?

Val Bonney doesn't have classes but is happy to provide any help I may need. Teamwork has trialling classes and also do trial runouts.

Hey Levi,

I train at Metro and also at Teamwork i am in the trialling class at Teamwork with my 7 month Border who will be doing Obedience and Agility when she is older, I can recommend going to Teamwork they do some marching up and down but not a lot you can give Teamwork a call and just have a chat with Maureen and she can tell you more about and point you in the right direction of where you want to go.

Hey Monique, contact Maree (BC4Me), she, Gay Westmore (DwD club president) & Ros Smith all train on the northside, I'm pretty sure it's at Pine Rivers. There are quite a few of the northsiders doing DwD that train with them, if you send Maree a PM, I know she will be able to help you out :o . If for some reason you can't get hold of her on DOL, give me a yell & I will send you her email address.