Flea And Worm Tablet

jipsi01

Hi there,

I was talking to a lady at work today, and she was talking to a petshop owner.

Apparently there is a tablet that dogs can take for fleas and worms - a combination tablet.

Does anyone know what this is called?

Thanks

Hi there,

I was talking to a lady at work today, and she was talking to a petshop owner.

Apparently there is a tablet that dogs can take for fleas and worms - a combination tablet.

Does anyone know what this is called?

Thanks

Does your dog have fleas or get them regularly? If not, I'd not be treating for them.

Does your dog have fleas or get them regularly? If not, I'd not be treating for them.

Thank you, yes its Sentinel.

No she doesnt get fleas - touch wood never had them. Why is that Poodlefan? Is it too hard on their guts???

Edited by jipsi01

Thank you, yes its Sentinel.

No she doesnt get fleas - touch wood never had them. Why is that Poodlefan? Is it too hard on their guts???

It's another chemical assault on their immune system. If your dog doesn't have fleas, I'd not be treating for them. In 12 years of dog ownership my dogs have had fleas ONCE.

It's another chemical assault on their immune system. If your dog doesn't have fleas, I'd not be treating for them. In 12 years of dog ownership my dogs have had fleas ONCE.

What do you use to control them? I would rather not use chemicals, but I live in a bad flea area and one of my dogs has a flea allergy. I have to treat her fortnightly ugghhh

What do you use to control them? I would rather not use chemicals, but I live in a bad flea area and one of my dogs has a flea allergy. I have to treat her fortnightly ugghhh

As I said, fleas aren't an issue where I live. If they were, I'd probably be using a spot treatment. That's what I used the one time the dogs got some.

As I said, fleas aren't an issue where I live. If they were, I'd probably be using a spot treatment. That's what I used the one time the dogs got some.

Ditto here

We have only ever seen one flea on Buster and we used spot treatment that night and they have never been seen since.

Sentinel Spectrum contains a chemical thet causes adult fleas to become sterile, so they cannot breed. It doesn't kill larval stages or eggs like the spot ons do.

The reason this conversation came up at work today, was that she was telling me she was using a particular worming tablet that didnt cover tapeworm and of course her dog got tapeworm.

and the pet store told her to use this Sentinel.

What do you use to worm your dogs?

I'm seeing a LOT of fleas this summer, my dogs both have them for the first time too :) It sucks as both of them are quite sensitive and I've been putting off treating them with chemicals for as long as possible, but the apple cider vinegar just isn't working.

I've not tried Sentinel yet but I've had a chat to a rep about it, and it seems okay, considering how biased they obviously are. I'll probably grab some from work tomorrow.

The reason this conversation came up at work today, was that she was telling me she was using a particular worming tablet that didnt cover tapeworm and of course her dog got tapeworm.

and the pet store told her to use this Sentinel.

What do you use to worm your dogs?

I use Drontal. Basically, you want to be looking fr the word "allwormer" on whatever product you choose...that means it covers the 4 main types of worms, Hookworm, Whipworm, Roundworm & Tapeworm. If you live in a high risk Hydatid Tapeworm area (if your dog has acces to raw wild offal like dead sheep or roos) then you maight wish to treat for Hydatid Tapeworm every 6 weeks.

Have often seen the ads for 'regular' treatment of ticks and fleas on tv yet being in SA we do not have ticks like they have in the eastern states and really dont see a need to treat for fleas unless the dog actually ends up picking them up somewhere.

Normal worming tablets we get from the vet as needed (your vet may say the dog doesnt need to be done that often if it isnt in at risk areas) - except heartworm that one due to mozzies carrying it is a must.