Heart Stopper/s!

Pollywaffle

Just had to share...took little uns outside for their last constitutional for the night and Polly went rushing over to an object on the lawn...only for OH and I to realise it was a bloody big toad...needless to say the neighbourhood would have heard my shouts and those dogs got rushed back inside quick smart. No one else can make me as anxious as my dogs do sometimes!

Just wondered if your dog/s have ever made your heart literally stop?

Yes, it was when we took our four dogs to an area beside Sea World for a runaround one morning around 6am.

It turned out that oval is a helicopter landing area and one was coming in to land while our dogs were of lead. We managed to get three dogs in the car but Ella my standard poodle was running straight for the blade on the back of the chopper. She couldn't hear me screaming, I have never screamed so hard or loud in my life.

All I could think of was her getting chopped up in the blade.

She got within what seemed like about 20 feet away and then turned and came back to me, she doesn't know how close she came to a horrible death that day.

Yes, it was when we took our four dogs to an area beside Sea World for a runaround one morning around 6am.

It turned out that oval is a helicopter landing area and one was coming in to land while our dogs were of lead. We managed to get three dogs in the car but Ella my standard poodle was running straight for the blade on the back of the chopper. She couldn't hear me screaming, I have never screamed so hard or loud in my life.

All I could think of was her getting chopped up in the blade.

She got within what seemed like about 20 feet away and then turned and came back to me, she doesn't know how close she came to a horrible death that day.

I don't think I could ever beat that!

First Hearstopper..

Not so long ago we were looking for my OH's oldest dog, sandy. We had been working outside in the shed and when we came in we couldnt find her. We turned the house upside down looking for her (Chuihuahua so very small) and were entertaining, tho reluctantly, the possibility that she had gotten out and gone for a wander (property is 30 acres).

She turned up to have run in to the wardrobe in the bedroom and was curled up fast asleep on the floor.

Second heartstopper

Not a dog, but similar theory. I own horses as well, and I have an entire Paint Colt, 2yo. I went to check on him in his paddock, to find him not in it. I checked the yard adjacent to the paddock, all the gates, the paddock behind his, the road, everywhere, just about to give up and start making phone calls I walked past the wall of an eclosed yard, thats only seperated from his paddock by polyrope fence (very flexible electric rope) to find that he'd been a cheeky little so and so and climbed through the polyrope fence when the electric was off, and was laying on the ground in the shade, (he's a Bay horse so was well camoflaged in the shade and the wall) next to a solid fence. Simpy a case of, the grass is always greener (or so he thought anyway) on the other side. I was entertaining the possibility that i'd lost him for sure....

Not so long ago we were looking for my OH's oldest dog, sandy. We had been working outside in the shed and when we came in we couldnt find her. We turned the house upside down looking for her (Chuihuahua so very small) and were entertaining, tho reluctantly, the possibility that she had gotten out and gone for a wander (property is 30 acres).

She turned up to have run in to the wardrobe in the bedroom and was curled up fast asleep on the floor.

She is really good at this! Sandy did this a few years ago, i was frantic looking for her for about 3 hours, retraced my steps for the whole afternoon...still couldnt find her. No idea where she was..Discovered she had chased her ball into the siblings toy box and knocked the lid down on herself trapping herself in the box, where she slept happily until i walked past calling 3 hours later :laugh: