Trimming Down Fat Dogs

I never inferred that you or Puggy Puggy don't know whqt you are talking about. I merely stated that chicken necks is not an ideal, or may I add for that matter a balanced diet. In the long term a dog will subsist on that feeding but will not thrive. I did suggest giving them more meat, and as you yourself state now you do feed roo.

Also, I wouldn't have thought you were coming across as being bitchy, you said that, not me,. so perhaps you are of the mind that you have come across a trifle strong. Your friend Puggy Puggy did not mention feeding meat, so I took the opportunity to voice my opinion.

I've fed roo from the beginning of having the two [its in the first post], and it seems to be working quite well! :laugh: I do tend to apologise in advance if I do say something that may be misconstrued, as I really don't like being bitchy to people. :laugh:

They had a great run around today with lots of dogs at a DOL meet. And bad mummy fed them late tonight, and daddy bore the brunt of it when Lena launched herself at the chicken neck in his hand and got his finger! :thumbsup:

Edited by Ravyk

• 2 weeks later...

I have two Combat Corgis. Merlin our little boy dog gets more to eat than Pixie our little girl dog. The difference in both is amazing. Merlin is lean and Pixie is curvacious. We try and keep a good eye on Pixies diet as she will eat all day and night if she had the choice. I toss her a carrot when she starts talking to me then head butting me for more grub. I stupidly didn't realise that the "treats" we give them were adding to her curvy figure - hence the carrots now. She seems to be very happy just chomping on something but at least a carrot now and then isn't adding to her curves the way a pigs ear or other doggy sweeties can.

Merlin isn't too keen on any veggies but Pixie will lie protecting the cupboard we store veggies in.

Is there any veggies or fruit I shouldn't be giving them? They both like apple and pear.