Fenced Off Lead Areas In Melbourne

gus2009

Hi all,

My 9 month old golden retriever and I are searching for a safe, fenced off area for off leash walking. My dog hasn't yet got the best recall skills and I worry when he is off leash in areas that are not fenced off. We live in Ivanhoe (Melbournes north east) but are willing to travel somewhat. Does anyone know of any good parks nearby?

cheers!

We have 2 in Diamond Creek

one at the DC cricket club, massive oval fully enclosed, great dogs and shelter if it starts to rain, and another adjoining the YMCA on the opposite side of the road, quite a bit smaller. We also have the old pony club grounds. Ring your council and the ones adjoining to find out local areas.

Both Wattle Glen and Hurstbridge have them also but that is in the opposite direction

There is the Brighton Beach dog park http://tinyurl.com/y882dq2

It is a triangle of sandy beach that has been well fenced off. It gets pretty busy on the weekends but my dogs love it. You can also walk along the foreshore, but on a leash.

Yeah have driven down there a few times. It is sensational. Dog heaven! But a little too far to drive, looking for something a little closer to Ivanhoe

cheers

We have 2 in Diamond Creek

one at the DC cricket club, massive oval fully enclosed, great dogs and shelter if it starts to rain, and another adjoining the YMCA on the opposite side of the road, quite a bit smaller. We also have the old pony club grounds. Ring your council and the ones adjoining to find out local areas.

Both Wattle Glen and Hurstbridge have them also but that is in the opposite direction

Thanks for those suggestions. Will look into pony clubs. May even drive out to diamond creek. Anyone else know of any parks closer to Ivanhoe?

cheers