Dog Friendly Rental Needed

poochmad

Hello all. My sister is desperately looking for a place to rent with her little mini poodle. She had a great place until she met a guy and then moved in with him, only for that relationship to end...now she doesn't have a place to rent with her little mate. (Her dog is currently with my parents.)

Is there anyone here who knows of anyone looking to share a house with a professional woman and her sweet and friendly little dog?

Or does anyone have any ideas what she can do?

Thanks.

This is a pet friendly real estate search http://www.rentalrealestate.com.au/ which might help. She could advertise on Gumtree http://melbourne.gumtree.com.au/f-Unit-Hou...W0QQCatIdZ18294

What about putting up notices in local vets. It is worth getting pet specific references-ask a previous neighbour to write a letter stating that the dog didn't bark, etc. If you have certificates or letters stating that the dog has done obedience you could include this as part of any application.

Trust this helps.

Is Aberfeldie (Essendon) too far out? We are 1 house back from the Maribyrnong river, there is amazing walking tracks around here, including 1 which seems like it is bushland with no houses nearby. The house I'm living in allows dogs, we have a sibe and a mal and there was no issues keeping them here. The tenants before us had 2 rotties and before that a jack russell lived here. It's through Avion properties which is based in Ascot Vale. Our rent was $1474 a month, not sure if they are putting it up. There is 1 section near the car port that needs temporary fencing, it's about 2mt.