I Am New Here And I Own A Shih Tzu 12 Week Old

jazz 2010

Well my little shis tzu Jazz is toilet trained and will go to the door and ring her doggie doorbell every time. She gets left alone for a few 20minutes every day and up to 1 hour on some days and can hold it for that.she is confined to a large room but we live in the middle of nowhere so we go to town to do our weekly shopping and have no one to let her out side so what do i do when she needs to toilet would i be confusing her if she were to do it on puppy pads only for once a week or is that o.k

And also how often should she need to go to the toilet through the night at the moment she goes 2-3 times wee only she sleeps in a large box with high sides and wakes me up when she needs to go is that to often? Any advice would be great oh and Hi every one :laugh:

Hi Jazz, and welcome to the forum.

All sounds very good to me. If you are worried, I would get her some puppy pads. If she uses them while you are out, great - and if she uses them when you are home, it wont matter. If you are out for a little while, she can probably hang on, but if you are out longer, the puppy pads will prevent accidents.

I had puppy pads for a couple of mine, and they used them when they were little, went outside sometimes, and when they were bigger, simply went outside.

So I think that would be fine.

She seems pretty good, I don't think she is waking you up too often at night. Pups don't have very big bladders. :confused:

How about some photos??? Love to see her.

We have an indoor dog toilet as we don't let our Frenchie outside while we're not at home. She has a big downstairs tiled area and once we got her trained to know to use it there was no turning back! If we have it out on the grass to wash it down, she wee on it instead of the real grass! :rainbowbridge:

They're a bit expensive initially but worth every cent (we did training pads for ages but they got really expensive)... We now have two grass mats so they can be interchanged.

http://www.portabledogpotty.com/

We have an indoor dog toilet as we don't let our Frenchie outside while we're not at home. She has a big downstairs tiled area and once we got her trained to know to use it there was no turning back! If we have it out on the grass to wash it down, she wee on it instead of the real grass! :laugh:

They're a bit expensive initially but worth every cent (we did training pads for ages but they got really expensive)... We now have two grass mats so they can be interchanged.

http://www.portabledogpotty.com/

Funny story about these portable dog potties. When they first came out I thought they had to be one of the best inventions ever (given that my dogs are all house dogs), but first time I went out and left the portable dog potty down, my naughty and quite inventive Dalmatian had tried to EAT THE GRASS!!! It was EVERYWHERE!!! Took longer to clean up than a decent wee or poo would have done.

Still think them a great idea, possibly not if you have a Dally!

Edit for spelling.

Edited by jilldog