Aaarrrggghhhh

Gilypoo

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soo soo angry

I work for a Local Government and I assist the Local Rangers with the pound paper work and unfortunatly organise the destruction of unwanted dog...

I just had a guy call up wanting to know if we had any dogs in the pound. I was thinking great we can save another unwanted dog.

I explained the breed (obviously only a guess) but we assume a TERRIOR X something, dogs rough age, temprement, location where it was found and all the usual things.. The guy then asked is it sterilised. I told him the rangers hadnt noted it in the register but I would find out and let him know...

Then thats were the conversaion took a nose dive.................

He advised me that he had recently adopted a Red Cloud Kelpie from us approx 3 months ago and that she was VERY active (seriously what did he expect from a working dog) he then said he wanted an UN STERILISED dog to give his kelpie a litter to hopefully settle her down......... :)

I immediatley said UMMM NOT a good idea...

Seriosly are people that DUMB..... A red cloud Kelpie x terrior?????????????? :mad

I tried to explain that even if it did settle her down (which i doubt it would ) what about all the puppies, expenses and all the rest of it.

I tried to convince him that maybe company and extra stimulation would work but not to breed for the sake of it...

I am SOO angry, :laugh:

I just had to vent. I know the BYB subject has been brought up a million of time but this was the last straw for me...

This is the Dog in question if anybody is interested.... Can you imagine this crossed with a Red Cloud Kelpie... SERIOSLY PEOPLE :laugh:

post-32953-1268979596_thumb.jpg

We are 2 hours South of perth WA, if anybody is looking for a M&M (Hope i can advertise that on this thread.... Sorry if i cant :) )

Aww he is a little cutie, i hope someone can help him and give him a good home.

I hope so but I doubt it... He is due on Tue :laugh: . Its hard. I want that guy to take him so he gets saved but I dont want some one irresponsible to have him either... The last thing we need is another BYB.

Fingers crossed

He was ringing the POUND to adopt an unwanted dog to make MORE unwanted dogs???? Wow..

When I worked at a pound we got it all the time. They would whine that the digs were desexed....some people would even call up and tell us proudly that they had some puppies to "donate" to us :laugh:

That poor dog looks as though he is begging for some human companionship --How Lovely...

That guy needs his head read crossing those two animals. What a loser on so many levels for so many reasons :o

Guest Willow
Wouldn't the kelpie he got in the first place have been speyed if she came from the pound? :o

Dogs that come from the pounds here in Perth (not rescue places, I'm talking council pounds here) generally don't come with anything other than a years registration. Mostly no vaccination/desexing. To get a dog with those you need to go through a rescue organisation.

Wouldn't the kelpie he got in the first place have been speyed if she came from the pound? :o

Dogs that come from the pounds here in Perth (not rescue places, I'm talking council pounds here) generally don't come with anything other than a years registration. Mostly no vaccination/desexing. To get a dog with those you need to go through a rescue organisation.

Oh OK. I didn't realise this. Thanks for clarifying :rofl:

Guest Willow

Oh OK. I didn't realise this. Thanks for clarifying :rofl:

No worries :rofl:

It's not the best system in the world though :rofl:

They aren't desexed prior to being released but with two of my rescues, the $140 adoption fee included the cost of desexing. So there's no excuse!

Guest Willow
Wouldn't the kelpie he got in the first place have been speyed if she came from the pound? :confused:

They aren't desexed prior to being released but with two of my rescues, the $140 adoption fee included the cost of desexing. So there's no excuse!

From Stirling pound by any chance????