Looking For An Obedience Club

Hi all,

I am looking for an obedience club to start taking my dogs to. I am in the Flagstaff Hill/Aberfoyle Park area. I am willing to travel up to approx 40 minutes for the right club.

I would prefer:

-a club that focuses on positive training

-a club with reasonably small classes

-a club that offers other dog sports as well as obedience as I'd like to do agility and fly ball with my dogs. [not necessary though]

and if possible one with the above, plus relatively close.

Hi Ravyk,

I live in the same area as you, there are 2 clubs close by.

Noarlunga has small classes, I went for a look last Wednesday night and they let me in their group for a trial, the class had 4 dogs and it was like private tuition.

Southern districts is also close by but they have bigger classes about 20 usually.

Pm me if you like for further info

Hi all,

I am looking for an obedience club to start taking my dogs to. I am in the Flagstaff Hill/Aberfoyle Park area. I am willing to travel up to approx 40 minutes for the right club.

I would prefer:

-a club that focuses on positive training

-a club with reasonably small classes

-a club that offers other dog sports as well as obedience as I'd like to do agility and fly ball with my dogs. [not necessary though]

and if possible one with the above, plus relatively close.

Does the Noarlunga club have a website? And is it only on a Wednesday? I'm kind of restricted to doing it on a Monday, Friday or weekends, and I do sport Tues-Thurs.

Cant do Southern Districts, I do karate that night and I drive past it. IMO it's too big for my liking. I want a small club.

Edited by Ravyk

Dont think Noarlunga have a website, they train Sunday morning, Wed night, and Monday night for agility, puppy agility and utility

They only train for 30 mins but having the small classes it's really all you need as there is no standing about waiting.

Does the Noarlunga club have a website? And is it only on a Wednesday? I'm kind of restricted to doing it on a Monday, Friday or weekends, and I do sport Tues-Thurs.

Cant do Southern Districts, I do karate that night and I drive past it. IMO it's too big for my liking. I want a small club.

Sunday mornings

8:30am open and utility

9:30am Novice

9:45am Puppies, beginners, Grades 1&2

10:30am Grades 3,4, and 4a

Wednesday nights

7:30pm Puppies, beginners, Grades 1&2 open

7:45 pm Grades 3,4,4a and novice

Monday nights

6:15pm Agility

7:00pm Puppy agility

7:30 utility

Joining fee $15:00

Annual membership fees

Single $20:00

Family $25:00

Pensioner/single $13:00

Pensioner/family $15:00

Junior/student $15:00

Class fees per lesson $1:00

Do you know the lesson costs, memebership fees, etc for Noarlunga?

And the times for their Sunday and Monday classes?

Edited by Kempe