Found: Male Wedding Ring, Saturday 27th @ Kcc Park

sarzc

Hi All,

On Saturday at the Weimaraner Club's Obedience Trial a male's white gold wedding ring with an inscription was found.

I have this ring with me, so if you believe this is your ring please either PM me, email me [email protected] or call 0421 956 593 you will need to describe the ring and tell me what the inscription says.

Thanks,

Sarah

Well done Sarah. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I applaud you for being so honest as to report this. Hopefully the rightful owner will come forward soon.

When I see wonderful people like yourself doing such a lovely thing, it restores my faith in humanity.

May you in turn have good kharma

:eek:

Guest Willow

Might be a good idea to report it to the police as well, just in case the owner doesn't think to look here. Good on you for being honest & doing the right thing!!!

Karma points for you!!! :laugh:

Someone just handed it to me to announce, so lots of karma to the kind person who also handed it in.

It's good to see honest people are still around!

Now I just want to make sure it is returned to it's owner. I'm sure someone is in the bad books :laugh:

Hi again Sarah.

I agree with Willow, if you have not already, it is probably the best idea to hand it into the police.

I totally understand that you are trying to do the right thing, but I will tell you what happened to me about 4 weeks ago...

I was driving along early one Saturday morning, on the way to take the dogs for a lovely walk along the Dromana foreshore. 2 corners away from my house, I found an open wallet, right in the middle of the road. We pulled over and picked it up. It contained a lot of important cards including credit cards and driver's licence and some money. We continued on our way, as we like to walk nice and early as the sun is coming up.

Anyway, upon our return, before going home, we stopped right outside the houses where we found the wallet, (it was approx 1 hr later). I knocked on 4 doors surrounding the area. Most people were a bit upset being woken up on a Sunday morning and nobody knew of the owner. So, we went home. As soon as I walked inside and settled the dogs, I went through the wallet, found the owners' details, searched for his phone number on the net, and called it. No one answered and I left a message saying he need not worry, I have his wallet and would keep it here safe, and he need not cancel any of his credit cards. I forwarded both my home and mobile numbers and my full name. He lived in a totally different area to me, approx 50 kms away.

I heard nothing all day. I was quite busy, so temporarily forgot about it. I remembered again that night, and he still had not called.

I called the number again the following morning which was Sunday, still no answer. I left another message saying that if I had not heard back from him by the next morning, I would hand the wallet into the police.

As I still did not hear from him, I did hand the wallet into the police the next morning around 9.30am, so I had it for around 48 hrs.

The policeman gave me a hard time for not handing it in sooner. He told me the guy had dropped in there on Saturday morning looking for his wallet and reported it lost.

I told the policeman what I had done, and how I thought I had done the right thing, but he told me I had not, and I was obliged to hand it straight into the police as soon as I picked it up, or at the very least I should have phoned them to report it and hand it in as soon as I could.

Well, I felt awful and apologised. I had done what I felt was right, but clearly it was not what the law thought was right.

Later that week, the owner of the wallet sent his girlfriend around to my house to thank me, and he followed up by phoning me also, which was lovely and appreciated, but not necessary.

Anyway, all I am saying is that I think you are great for receiving the handed in ring and doing what you can to alert the owner, as is the person for handing it in, but apparently by law we are supposed to forward it straight into the police :laugh:

Whatever you do, hopefully the owner comes forward soon. :laugh:

Sorry about the long post. Just thought it worth while passing on.

Edited by dyzney

I will hand it in, I have no intentions of doing anything with it, unless it's finding the owner.

I don't have a 24/7 police station near me but hopefully on my way home from work today I can stop in at one.

Thanks!

I will hand it in, I have no intentions of doing anything with it, unless it's finding the owner.

I don't have a 24/7 police station near me but hopefully on my way home from work today I can stop in at one.

Thanks!

I never doubted that you have anything but the best intentions... as I did. :kissbetter: