Plaque Preventative

My dachshund, Rover is 7 years old, and we have battled with plaque all his life.

He has a chicken wing daily, but he only chews for a little while, then he rips it apart, until the peices are small enough for him to swallow.

I have been using Oral Gel daily for about 18 months, and it seems to have slowed the plaque a bit, but he still needs a teeth cleaning.

I came across this product and was wondering if anyone had tried it?

http://www.holisticanimalmedicines.com/pla...ver-remedy.html

edited for spelling

Edited by minicooper

Thanks for the suggestion, but he won't eat anything too big.

I have tried him with chicken frames and he will only chew for a little while, then leave it. I have picked it up and put it in the fridge until the next day and he still won't eat it, even though he had nothing else to eat.

He has always been a gulper, and he won't chew toys, treat or bones for long.

Ask your vet about the effectiveness & safety of the product.

Some dogs just won't chew hard enough no matter what you give them & a yearly or 2 yearly dental clean at the vets is the only solution. Bit of an expensive but much better for you dog long term.

Have to do this with 1 of mine, ok when young but not now older. Great teeth but just gets build up more than usual.

I found brushing pretty useless.

I work in a Vet Clinic, but have never heard of this product. I would be very intereted on your feedback on this product if you decide to give it ago. I think an item like this would appeal to quite a few of our clients who cant brush their pets teeth, get them to eat appropriate diet or afford dentals.

Edited by Bow Wowy