Flea Prevention.

moko81

Hi All

Was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to use on a pregnant bitch

as a Flea Prevention :rofl: :D :) I've heard you shouldn't use frontline etc but was just

wondering what I would use instead.

Thanks.

A vet told me to Frontline the bitch about 10 days before the pups are due to give the pups some coverage. My dogs are Frontlined all year round and are bred from. My bitches have produced plenty of pups that go on to be Champions in the Show Ring.

A vet told me to Frontline the bitch about 10 days before the pups are due to give the pups some coverage. My dogs are Frontlined all year round and are bred from. My bitches have produced plenty of pups that go on to be Champions in the Show Ring.

Oh wow, you learn something new every day :thumbsup::):) . We were told by other breeders not to use frontline, as it could harm the pups. To be honest I never asked our vet if it was okay, was just going by what other breeders said.

Okay I'll wait til then to flea treat her, I know she's being irritated by them at the moment & we flea treated her before we mated her.

If pregnant it is aproximately 5wks from 1st mating, is it too early to do now?

Cheers Moko