Any Ideas - Clingy Stressed Dog

Anyone know what might be wrong with my dog? In the last day or so she has seems really stressed and anxious and quite skittish. She it literally under my feet all the time. She seems to be panting a lot too.

Nothing out of the ordinary that I know of has happened - except she hasnt been allowed to sleep on our bed for the last couple of nights??

We're going to the vet on Wednesday but thought I'd see if there is anyone here who might know whats going on??

Anyone know what might be wrong with my dog? In the last day or so she has seems really stressed and anxious and quite skittish. She it literally under my feet all the time. She seems to be panting a lot too.

Nothing out of the ordinary that I know of has happened - except she hasnt been allowed to sleep on our bed for the last couple of nights??

We're going to the vet on Wednesday but thought I'd see if there is anyone here who might know whats going on??

You've changed the boundaries and her sleeping spot. I'd say the anxiety might well stem from that. Where is she sleeping now and why did you make the change?

I'd no more expect a vet to advise on behavioural issues than I'd expect a GP to give me psychiatric counselling. You may want to think about getting some experienced help if this continues.

oh we're going to the vet for something else

she now sleeps on the floor of our room in a basket - even when she was allowed on the bed she didnt sleep there every night.

The reason for the change is that with her and her brother and me and hubby there is not much room in the bed, that and their behaviour seemed to be getting worse and they were getting more demanding in taking up space in the bed and waking up to find one of them next to you on the pillow.

oh we're going to the vet for something else

she now sleeps on the floor of our room in a basket - even when she was allowed on the bed she didnt sleep there every night.

The reason for the change is that with her and her brother and me and hubby there is not much room in the bed, that and their behaviour seemed to be getting worse and they were getting more demanding in taking up space in the bed and waking up to find one of them next to you on the pillow.

Where does the other dog sleep now?

It sounds a bit extreme for shifting a sleeping spot- but I don't know your dog. Is she otherwise behaving normally? toilet/eating/runningaround/playing, etc? My first thought was a pain reaction....

It could well be an anxiety thing :laugh: is the other dog still allowed on the bed? Which is the 'top dog' in the little pack? perhaps this has confused the dogs?

she has always been slightly nervous/scares easily and likes to stay close to me or hubby but definitely much worse today.

Neither is allowed on the bed and she is probably top dog between the two. Otherwise she is ok-ish - panting this much is not normal but she had breakfast ok although she followed me inside before finishing it which is unheard of - then finished it when I went outside with her again.

Moved the vet to this arvo to at least rule out anything physical.

I wondered if it might me a new toy I have bought for my baby yesterday - Holly (the dog) hates cords and wheels and pretty much anything on the floor and I bought Nina (the baby) a walker. I have now moved that off the floor to see if it changes anything.

Edited by Garden Girl