Training Games

My friend has 2 poodles, one of which is excessively ball obsessed. He will however, if given the opportunity, also try and chase down small running dogs that he sees as "prey" rather than dog. (When out, She always has him on lead though so this doesn't happen)

Just wondering if there are any fun training games she could play?

The woman is a mother with a young baby, so I'm thinking maybe something she can do around the house while the baby is there. Or when she has them on lead walking down the street.

(Other than a session with a trainer and/or behaviorist, because that is already a known option)

Hi Sideways,

Dont quote me, but my understanding of the two item game is you have two exact toys and you throw one... When the pet retrieves the first one, you produce the second, wave it around catching the attention of the dog, dropping the first and you launch the new toy and pick up the first one, repeating the process.

Hope that helps!

You could suggest he be taught the name of the item (Eg "ball") and then start teaching him find and seek with it (bringing it to you), ending in a game of throw/fetch the ball.

Edited by Erny