Mock Rallyo Trial

Hey there just a note for any of our NW Tassie members who maybe interested in having a go at a rallyo trial.

This Sunday, May 9 (Mother's Day) Ulverstone Kennel Club is holding their double obedience trial starting at 9am & all classes being judged by SA's Des Coyles! At the Ulverstone showgrounds, via Maud Rd off Queen St

At the completion to the obedience trial (2.30ish) Jan Collet will be judging a novice rallyo trial. Entry is $5.00 on the day & 1st, 2nd & 3rd prizes are being offered.

Even if you haven't done rallyo before, and are curious, we are setting up a practice area during lunch so that you can familarise yourself with the signs etc!

:laugh::laugh:

Sounds like a lot of Fun Bikergirl ! ! !

I'm going to try my best to get there tomorrow ....

It's typical as soon as i plan something to do with my time my partner has to work and take the car :|

Can we bring our dog even if we are not taking part in anything?

Cheers

*Lisa*

Congratulations to all entrants at the Ulverstone KC Rally-O Mock Trial yesterday!

There were some great runs and everyone trialled their hearts out in the spirit of this new and growing dog sport for Australia.

Novice B

1st Tasha (Lorraine) 2nd Jazza (Yvonne) 3rd Bear (Dot)

Novice A

1st Gizmo (Elaine) 2nd Shaka (Dot) 3rd Annie (Dot)

Many others posted qualifying scores; all got a participation certificate.

Thank you to stewards Toni and Jeri and thank you to Derrick for assisting in course setup to shorten the waiting period between end obedience and start Rally!

There were some very tired dogs at the end of the day with two obedience trials and the Rally-O demo trial and a very 'weathery' day.

We all learned heaps, I'm sure. The Judge got dinged 2 points for tripping over the Finish sign...twice! :rofl::thumbsup:

Best piece of advice from the day - add some eucalyptus spray and a sponge to your Rally Judging or Rally Club kit! Apply to signs, pylons, or sign holders after dog pees on them and before the next dog enters ring!

Thank you again, UKC, for giving me the opportunity to help champion this cool dog sport!

The 'Judge'

NB - trying to share Rally_O_Course_Novice_20100509_UKC.pdf my course here; would like to get the ball rolling on exchanging course designs/ideas/resources.