When Buyers Contact You After

stef_83

Awww how sad is that. I love hearing how my pups are & keep in contact with the breeders of all my dogs, some regularly & some occasionally. Had a lovely visit last Sunday from one owner with a 2 year old of mine, hear from someone a lot with 2 of my 7 year olds & another has a video of her dog swimming on Facebook. Another has stayed with me for holidays.

I hear from 1 of my dogs breeders around xmas & send her photos & photos of some of her puppies I have kept, she said I am the only person who has ever done this. How lovely is it to know they are happy & loved, which is also why I let my dogs breeders know occasionally.

If you get no response it is their sad loss not yours.

I received an email last week from a lady who bought a puppy from me six years ago. She was just checking in (for the first time in six years) and letting me know what Florence had grown into a beautiful lady and she couldn't be happier with her. :thumbsup:

I love it. I always make sure I respond.

I love getting updates on my puppies. My first litter is over 4 years now and I still get the occasional update from that litter. It is lovely to receive and I always respond as I appreciate so much hearing how my babies are doing! In a few weeks is one of my litters birthdays, I kept one pup from the litter and have arranged a birthday playdate for my girl and one of the puppies that some people bought from that litter who live only about 1 hour away. We are both excited and I will probably bring the Dad along for a play as well! I love to see how my babies have grown, it helps me in future breeding and also love to hear how they are temperament and personality wise! It is invaluable for me as a breeder to keep in contact and see how the pups have developed!

However there are a few puppy buyers who don't keep in close contact and that is ok as well. I don't like to intrude, but usually just drop them an email every 6 months or so and ask how the dog is doing. They always get back to me with a quick reply which I appreciate and I respect that they don't feel the need to keep in as regular contact as some of the others do!