Jed Status Updates

Troy

Hi guys, have just had an update from Caitlin.

At this stage Jane is NO worse and her condition has stabilised which is very good news. She is still ventilated and quite swollen around the face, is heavily sedated and still unable to communicate. There are no signs of infection at this stage which is also good news.

She will be going to surgery tomorrow to have her burns debrided and dressed. Depending on how that goes, she may be able to be extubated in the next day or two.

Fingers crossed, keep the candles burning, and keep the healing thoughts coming. The support has been phenomenal and means a lot to those who are close to Jane.

Magnus' survival was something we were all hoping for and devastating to all of us that it wasn't to be. We now at least know where he is, along with the others which is some small comfort.

The three surviving boxer puppies are doing fine as is Shandy (Shithead) and Marjory and who are with Marg Coles who bred Marjory. The cavvies here have all had their breakfast of warm rolled oates, milk & honey, ( 1 degree here this morning) had several hours of exploring, said hi to the geese, and were rapt in the guinea fowl because they made so much noise and now snoozin in the sun. Chi Chi was checked by the vet yesterday and has medication for her eyes which are still smoke affected and ear tips which are slightly singed but she's doing fine also and quite taken with her coat which I gather she's never worn before because she always slept on Janes bed.

Two vets are coming in next week to give all Janes dogs a good check up and another Pacer member and another breeder will be coming in regularly to help with the grooming and general care of Janes brood.

Channel 9 have been in filming the dogs and where they are, apparently to be shown when Jane is well enough to watch TV and can see that her dogs are all doing okay.

The RSPCA were very good and the fellow we were dealing with on the day, Travis, could not have been more helpful. The dogs had all been bathed and under heaters to dry off when we finally arrived at Fairfield to take delivery, all of which was also filmed. Was particularly appreciative to the photographer who was able to back the dog float for me in what was a very small turnaround area.

All thoughts and prayers are with Jane now and as already mentioned by others, I dread Janes reaction when she finally realizes all her special dogs are gone.

Brief update via text from Caitlin as follows..

Jane has had skin grafts today and if all goes well they may reduce sedation over the weekend. No setbacks, but the facial burns look very painful. She will keep me updated, as I will you.

Thanks guys.

She is likely to be in ICU till late next week, so still no visitors outside family :laugh:
No changes to report . She is still ventilated, though sedation has been lightened a little. Will let you know if there is any changes.

edit to say, this was from late last night but have been a bit weary and busy at work. sorry for delay.

Some small setbacks today..... Jed is still sedated and being ventilated. No idea at this point when she might be awake.

Please, please keep the candles burning

A small blessing, an unhurt cat was found at the house today

Cards, an Express Post and a parcel for Jed all arrived today.

We are waiting for the word from Janes daughter as to when we will be able to visit and which as you all know depends soley on Jeds progress.

All Jeds brood were thoroughly groomed and some lightly clipped yesterday, and all doing well, they are such a happy lot. The Cockers out at Margs place are keeping her on her toes, obviously both real characters and the puppies are doing well also. One will be going to his new home this week, to a home already chosen by Jane.

Janes daughter now has the cat who was at the vets in her care and its also doing well. The surviving cat I think was possibly the beautiful feral cat that lived in the shed and had adopted Jeds place but could not be handled.

Once again today, there are no changes or improvement to report. Jed remains heavily sedated and ventilated.

We need to be patient as it appears there is a very long road ahead.

More cards and a post cylinder have arrived and have been added to the pile in the box waiting to be delivered personally to Jed.

The Cavvie brood and boxer puppies were all given a thorough vet check today and all came up trumps, vet commented several times on the excellent condition they are all in, ( some a little too well fed!! :) )

Some more photos for you are on their way.

Hi, this will be the last update from me, then I think we will wait for Jed to do the next one :)

Please allow her time, but know she is now making good progress and at this stage it appears she should make a full recovery.

I am sorry to say that Jed has had a setback today despite showing such good progress over the weekend.

So sorry to get everyone's hopes up, but she will need a lot more time and lots more positive wishes.

OK, today Jed is still ventilated in ICU and is likely to be so a few more days. She appears to be recovering from her setback.

She IS able to communicate of a sort to her daughter, and one of the first things she has got across was that she was worried about ME and she wanted Caitlin to make sure I knew what was going on!!!

I am gobsmacked at this amazing lady to think of others at this time :stupid:

Please don't ask me questions as I don't believe it is my place to answer them. If Jed wants to tell you about her experience, she will do so when she is ready.

We know how much she values her privacy so can I ask that we all try to respect that. There is still a long road ahead, but things are looking up at this stage.

Jed is slowly improving, a bit better each day :(

Don't forget the auctions are still running, and I see Steve has a heap of great stuff available at the moment.

Thanks for all the support, I know it will mean a lot to Jed.

hi guys, I have a message for you from Jed....she said to tell that Toohey came up and we had a few grogs and she had a cry. Umm, not quite true about the grog, but she is doing well. A few more weeks in hospital yet, but she will share her story when she can.

Yesterday Marg Coles and I spent several hours visiting Jed. Her daughter joined us later and it was great to catch up. Jed is overwhelmed with the support from you guys to the point I don't think she can quite come to terms with it. She still has quite a way to go but she's getting there. Everyones mail was delivered and again she and her daughter were amazed at the pile of letters, cards, packets, parcels etc which I imagine Jed will open gradually each day. She said to say Hi and Thank You.

Hi guys, a message for you from Jed..

She wants to thank you all so much for your generosity. All the donations will be of great benefit to help her get back on her feet and she appreciates it all enormously. One of her cats is in need of a lot of medical treatment and surgery to aid her recovery from her burns and injuries also, so that will help her too.

Also, Jed continues to be overwhelmed by your support. It means a great deal to her, and is boosting her spirits as she recovers.

She now has her laptop set up and running in her room, and is reading DOL, but cannot post due to her hand burns, and that fact that she gets tired very easily.

It may be a while, but she will tell her story when she can :)

She is grieving for her three boxers, Beth, Roxy and Paris, her two cockers, Magnus and Meg, the three boxer babies, and her one 4 week old cav baby, who she rescued but she still died..