Agility At Bannockburn Vic

Hi I'm looking at feedback about doing agility at Bannockburn with NADAC?

We are thinking of trying it, going to look this weekend and maybe enter for the 29th of Jan.

This is the first time we will have tried agility trials, we are doing pretty good in Obedience but Sparty is not a big fan of jumping over a certain hight (recent visit to the Doggie chiroprator might have helped tho) so we have not considered doing agility trials until I read about "Touch and go" and maybe Tunnellers :rolleyes: as he does love the contact obstacles.

Jen

Guest cloverfdch

Hi fellow BDOCer :rolleyes:. I would love to go and watch this weekend and see what it is all about aswell, but we have Flyball :rolleyes:. Have fun and please tell us how it goes.

Rhi, Clover and nutty Elvis.

Definately worth joining and entering. I do NADAC trials myself and it is fun, but won't be there this Saturday night. There are a few people from Ballarat that go so you might see some familiar faces.

Touch and go and tunnellers are both fun, I would say give it a go.

Hopefully your dog will be OK after the chrio. My dog Bella's back was out a bit when she returned to agility after having pups. At training she suddenly stopped doing jumps so I knew there was a problem and she was fine after she had her back fixed.

If your dog does still not want to jump after her treatment there is a brilliant vet in Geelong who does accupuncture that got Bella in shape after an injury that chiro treatments hadnt worked as well on. PM me if you are interested, but hopefully it won't be necessary anyway.

We have not tried jumping since the Chiro, He has more trouble in the cold (lol and we live in such a cold place...usually!!) He will be 7 end of next month so we are starting his career just in time to become a veteran!!! Which might be a good thing as the jump height come down for him so we will see if that helps :rolleyes:

Rhi you are mistaken!! with Border collies you get brains and beauty all in one package :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

We came we saw we participated and we sucked royally but we had a great time :thumbsup:

touch and go was a blast although it looked very tunnelly!! lol between gasping for air and trying to get the word "TUNNEL" out I have decided to change my tunnel command to "IN" :o

We did all the items up till the 13th when i couldnt get the word out properly but he was great on the see saw that a lot of dogs had issues with and on the A frame lol the only items i can send him forward on LOL im really pleased as it was november the last time he saw any proper equiptment so again it is me holding him back :thumbsup:

It was a good night, thank god I slept in a little. Sparty is very cute, he did well.

I managed to get lost in the touch & go around about obstacle no 10 LOL.

It was a tricky course with the obstacle discrimination with the tunnel and A-frame.

LOL the only time I almost got lost was going back over the A-frame Number 9 , i was staggering in that direction anyway :thumbsup: too many tunnels for my wheezy unfit asthmatic voice :thumbsup:

lol in training in november i was having major issues just getting him to go in one tunnel let alone the 11 last night!!!!

Had a blast tho :o lol hubby was VERY upset as I had not called him and we didnt get home till 1.15am and he was sitting waiting for me and i didnt even stay for the novice jumping luckily Josh stood in for lead gathering on my behalf :D

Tunnelers is a course with all tunnels.

Touch And Go is a course with contacts and tunnels. There is normally an A-frame, dog walk, see-saw and tunnels. the one last night did not have a dog walk but had heaps of tunnels, a lot different to what they normally have.

The courses are set at the same time as a jumpers course so they both have quick course times.

Edited to add they are NADAC events, not VCA.

Edited by helen

you can look at the web site NADAC

touch and go has no jumps just contact items like dog walk and a frame and see saw and tunnels :thumbsup:

last night there was 7 different tunnels on the course a see saw and a Aframe you have to go around and back and thru and over so in total you had gone through 15 obstacles was a bit confusing but fun :thumbsup:

they also have jumpers and agility courses which seem to me to be a lot more fun & relaxed than the VCA trials I have seen also the jump hights are not as high and they have seperate divisions for juniors & vetrans (either the dog or the owner over a specific age) which have height allowances and some time allowances lol for the onset of age slowing us down :o

in such a limited area with tunnel openings everywhere it is a challenge and a lot of fun (for the spectators)

you have to be quick with your commands and have a good connection with your dog (which I totally lack i think) to be able to direct them to the right ones :D

they use similare obstacles to the VCA agility if your dog knows them it wouldnt be too fazed by NADAC ones, my dog wasnt and he has only ever trained on VCA type ones

Guest cloverfdch

Well done Jen and Sparty :wave:. Elvis and i are suppose to start Agility training this Saturday up in Alfreton, i cannot wait. Then it is off to the pet expo on sunday so we will not be at training (What a shame :laugh:).

I am looking forward to doing Agility more than anything at the moment, i may even do tunnellers with Clover and Touch n Go :wave:.

Rhi, where do u go in alftreton on saturdays for agility?

Helen I thought Bella was very lovely :( and Matt (??) cuz he looks like a border collie cross hehe im a bit biased

im setting up some jumps & obstacles at home so I can practice sending them (sparty & Kira) out, Sparty did really well with the a frame and the see saw i could call it and he would race to them but the tunnels he had to think about so more training :rofl:

but it was lots of fun :eek:

Im not in it to win or even qualify at present just to have fun and do stuff together lol when im fitter we can get a bit more serious :)

Guest cloverfdch

We will be going to "Happy Dogs training school" or something like that, i have to call them and see if classes are starting this week or not. I will let you know.

:thumbsup:

We had Flyball tonight but got nothing done lol, and it was freezing up at vic park.

LOL we are supposed to be doing agility training at vic park tonight .... lol but i cant find flippers or goggles to fit Sparty hehehehe

Ack 3 wet dogs in the house!!!!!!!

At least puppy preschool is inside tomorrow!!!

Guest cloverfdch

Lol i think Agility would well and truley be cancelled tonight, this weather is awful. Hehe i have 2 dry dogs next to me, both are rufusing to go out there in the cold and rain. I dont blame them. Have fun at PPSchool tomorrow night.