Pick The Breed

stef_83

Cross kelpie AHAHHAA :shrug: Why cause he has a bit of tan on him?

Looks like an am staff to me:)

Did you take him in when he wandered onto your property? How lovely of you! Does he have marks on his nose from an attempted escape or...?

yes bully seemed to think he lived here and constantly got out i only got ranger to take him because he couldnt stay here and i left a note on his owners place to say he was here but a week later note still on front door untouched so i called the ranger and took the note off 3 days later they came to see if he was here. and yes she did say from the tan.

also marks on his nose and his eye are from escaping.

he had the most beautiful nature i lifted his head out of his food bowl (not always a smart thing) to clean his eye. the ranger was a real **** . she jerked his neck with the lead and started screaming at him when she had him out the front because he stood up when another dog went past. :rofl:

she also told me i should be charged for theft because i let him stay her for a week :laugh:

What a frickin moron! She should have been grateful that you were kind enough to look after the dog for a week, never mind saying you should be charged with theft. Just another idiotic moron.

Edited by GardenofEden

this was a stray boy that got out and wondered into my house. the ranger that picked him up said he was pit bull x kelpiebecause of his markings.

i have spoken to hid owners and they say bully is pure am staff im just posting here to see what u guys think.

:laugh:

Just another reason why putting decisions in the hands of Vic council rangers is a BAD idea :love:

(Why Joe Helpers Proposed New Dog Laws For Victoria Are Dead Wrong, Victorians - we NEED to write ..... NOW!! http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=196172)

She's an Amstaff. Good on you for taking her in :rofl: Oh, and your Dobe x Shepherd looks remarkably like a pure bred Rottie :):) Hmmmm... time the councils started employing rangers with at least some basic knowledge of dogs...!

actually my OH wants to become a ranger and is trying to find out how to so anyone who knows what avenue's are needed.

Garden I'm pretty sure his head looks long because he is a little under weight.

HEAD AND SKULL

Head medium length, deep through, broad skull, very pronounced cheek muscles, distinct stop. Muzzle medium length, rounded on upper side to fall away abruptly below eyes. Jaws well defined. Underjaw to be strong and have biting power. Lips close and even, no looseness. Nose definitely black, Dudley nose undesirable.

Looks about right to me then again there's all sorts of dogs running around now being called am staffs...

Hey Stef,

Tell your other half to try at least to enrol in tafe and do cert 2 animal studies (companion animals) there is all different strands. That full time is a six month course then tell her to then proceed onto Companion animals cert 3 or 4 not sure that way he'll have some credentials behind him. He will also after completing this course not make statements such as,

'Cross kepie/ and dobe cross shepard ' :love:

That way when he looks at applying they'll see he knows more than average joe :)

Edit to say: One of the rangers I spoke to (when my dogs managed an escape) did this and he was quite well mannered and educated :laugh: He seemed to know exactly what breed Lucky (R.I.P) and Razor were and that's a hard pick.

Edited times two to add the appropriate sex for OH :rofl::p

Edited by jackie_a1

Hey Stef,

Tell your other half to try at least to enrol in tafe and do cert 2 animal studies (companion animals) there is all different strands. That full time is a six month course then tell him to then proceed onto Companion animals cert 3 or 4 not sure that way he'll have some credentials behind him. He will also after completing this course not make statements such as,

'Cross kepie/ and dobe cross shepard ' :)

That way when he looks at applying they'll see he knows more than average joe :laugh:

Edit to say: One of the rangers I spoke to (when my dogs managed an escape) did this and he was quite well mannered and educated :love: He seemed to know exactly what breed Lucky (R.I.P) and Razor were and that's a hard pick.

thanks i'll let her :) know :rofl:

edited to add he was extremely under weight and this was repoeted so many times to local council and rspca but they gave him back to his owners every time

Edited by stef_83

Stef!!

If you don't rescue Bully I'll shake my fist at you hehe! Does he live close enough you can look over the fence and check on how he is? And have you spoken to the owners in person they sound like morons. Convince your OH please! I can't stand such a beautiful dog going to such waste.

Stef!!

If you don't rescue Bully I'll shake my fist at you hehe! Does he live close enough you can look over the fence and check on how he is? And have you spoken to the owners in person they sound like morons. Convince your OH please! I can't stand such a beautiful dog going to such waste.

they moved :rofl: but bully runs here all the time that they gave me there number so im sure i could ring to arrange a play date with saffron :) im sure she'd like it to she got so depressed the last time they took him that when we take her for walks she will sit at his old houses fence (there's a small hole there). the way to get thru OH is using saffron lol she gives in to saffron when it comes to toys etc lol.

only his owners wont give him up and stupid council wont take him :)

Aww poor Saff :) That would be so cute waiting around for Bully. Well that's good at least they gave you their number maybe you could have some play dates and even offer to have Bully stay during the day or when the owners are out so he doesn't attempt a runner and that way they might get used to the idea of letting him stay (even if not permanent) at your place.

Then you can shovel some food into his mouth :)

Regardless you're a gem for taking him in and being so concerned.

Aww poor Saff :rofl: That would be so cute waiting around for Bully. Well that's good at least they gave you their number maybe you could have some play dates and even offer to have Bully stay during the day or when the owners are out so he doesn't attempt a runner and that way they might get used to the idea of letting him stay (even if not permanent) at your place.

Then you can shovel some food into his mouth :)

Regardless you're a gem for taking him in and being so concerned.

shovel :) he was only just getting the hang of waiting for me to put bowl down b4 he licked it clean

this was a stray boy that got out and wondered into my house. the ranger that picked him up said he was pit bull x kelpiebecause of his markings.

i have spoken to hid owners and they say bully is pure am staff im just posting here to see what u guys think.

Hmmmm... time the councils started employing rangers with at least some basic knowledge of dogs...!

Or at least a brain :laugh: I love your Doberman x Shephard, looks just like my pure Rott :thumbsup:

Hey Oak way believe me I've already browsed NAUGHTY ME! (Note to self NO MORE DOGS ALLOWED)

If I get what you're coming at that Bully doesn't look like a pure bred to you or doesn't fit the breed standard. But don't forget Oakway that Bully may not be a show specimen etc. Also he may have been bred from backyard breeders, his parents may have been am staff crosses etc we don't know. All we know is that the owners say he is pure bred so they were either told that or sold that most likely both. There is no debating he is an am staff, just because he doesn't look how am staffs should doesn't mean he isn't an am staff. It just means he's different. :thumbsup: